Remember Men Behaving Badly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Men Behaving Badly

Remember the show Men Behaving Badly with Rob Schneider? I loved that show so much and it was pulled after about a season and a half. Wondering ifanyone knows of a place you could download episodes.
    #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
    people do all day!"

You wanna come to South Africa? - we have a complete re-run of the whole series that started only a week ago on one of the TV channels, and makes for wonderful mindless TV watching indeed - also good for a few YEUKs from the wife.
    Lawrence

Comment

I suspect that either it was based on the v. funny British version, or vice-versa. We had Neil Morrisey and Martin Clunes for most of it - and it lasted quite a few series... got a bit worn-out by the end.

No idea about downloading any episodes though... sorry!
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Lvr are you watching the British one or the American one? I believe the one from the US was based on the UK one. I've only seen the US one and just about busted a gut every episode.

Pitty it was yanked.
        #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
        people do all day!"

Comment

One of my favourite scenes is from the start of series 2 when Neil Morrisey(Tony) comes in to replace Harry Enfield (Dermot).
          Martin Clunes (Gary) is in his office talking to the elderly man and woman who work there about how hard it is to find a decent flatmate, and the woman makes some comment about two men living together, which gets Gary all defensive.
          "No theres nothing in it, I just need a bloke to help pay the rent."
          "Oh, you mean a rent boy."

Of course it loses a certain something when being retold in text

Oddly enough, while I'm aware of a few UK sitcoms that have been sucessfully ported to the US, there dont seem to be that many US sitcoms that have come the other way with much success.
          The Golden Girls was remade as The Brighton Belles, and flopped.
          Married with Children had a short lived run with Russ Abbot in the Al Bundy role, which was okay but not a patch on the original.
          On the other hand, I have somewhere the pilot episode of the American version of Red Dwarf which flopped heroically, and having seen it I can tell why. For a start Lister and Rimmer are dropped straight into the stereotyped moulds of 'Cool guy' and 'Annoying Git', without Listers brand of cheeky slobbery or Rimmers pompousness and self importance. Kryten was played by the same guy (Robert Llewellyn) and remained pretty much the same.
          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

We get the UK version here - very funny indeed.

Another UK one we had here recently, and one that I really enjoyed was "Manchild" - basically the doings and screwings of these 4 rich, male, over 40s from different backgrounds going through their mid-life crisis
            Lawrence

Comment

Working...
            X