Very charged subject within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very charged subject within

I've seen a few articles and jokes about people who want to clone Jesus.
    For example: here

*I* for one think it's kind of stupid cause even if they succeed in cloning the DNA of Jesus, a person isn't just DNA, it's a combination of DNA and everything that entered his/her system throughout his/her life (information, food, experiences etc).

i believe it's a hoax.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

What makes you think it's a hoax?

"First we tried prayer. Then sacrifice. Then we tried consecrating a life-sized, wine-filled wafer Jesus - with blackcurrant eyes and marzipan lips. In desperation, we stood atop a mountain shouting 'Please!'"

Comment

Well, I can see one small flaw in their plan - its bollocks.

I dont think BB-Spot need to watch their tailfeathers on account of these guys just yet
        Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
          What makes you think it's a hoax?

"First we tried prayer. Then sacrifice. Then we tried consecrating a life-sized, wine-filled wafer Jesus - with blackcurrant eyes and marzipan lips. In desperation, we stood atop a mountain shouting 'Please!'"
          They wasted their money filling him with wine. They could've just used water and Jesus would have changed it on arrival.
          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Well, this makes ME think it is a hoax:
            "Using a DNA sample from a wafer blessed by a priest during mass, the Order plans to implant the zygote Jesus in the womb of a yet-to-be-selected virgin."

DNA from a wafer blessed by a priest ? Come on...

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Hey you only have to look at homeopathy, that uses nothing (but water) to cure sick people. So they are probably going to produce some sort of homeopathic cloning technology.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                DNA from a wafer blessed by a priest ? Come on...
                Clear evidence that it's a Catholic hoax rather than an Anglican one...
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Where are they going to find a virgin anyway?

Comment

And, won't the DNA in the waffer produce wheat?
                    chuck
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Which could be turned into bread.
                      Now remember what Jesus told about the bread...

Comment

Originally posted by RichL
                        Where are they going to find a virgin anyway?
                        Ew. You got me there. Anyone see a virgin lately? Anyone?
                        #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                        people do all day!"

Comment

Where's Pace?

Comment

The whole, "let's clone Jesus," thing is a hoax. First off, it would go against the entire Christian teaching that everyone has a soul, which is seperate from the body.

The wafer thing is a Catholic, and some Orthodox Christian, belief that when you put the wafer into your mouth it literally becomes the flesh of Christ. Sounds kind of disturbing to me. Good thing my church believes in symbolizm.

As for virigns, you could find plenty. They would either be deeply religious or uh...'good spirits'

Jammrock
                            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Jammy - point of order - AFAIK it's when the wafer is blessed that it becomes the "body of christ" - not when you pop it in yer gob.

And it's known in catholic circles as "transubstantiation" iirc.

Glad I gave all this religious stuff up a while ago
                              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                              X