Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickie: Live!Drive IR question

Ok here is a quickie.

Is there any way at all I can use the IR port on my Live! Drive IR to act as an ordinary IR port, so that I can use it to communicate with my phone?

Thanks.
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

I think it would be easier to add the IR ports to your MB (most have support for this) and find an opensource app to drive it
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hi,

There isn't connection from the Live!Drive to the mobo...?
      And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

No, you can't use the IR cort on Linve!Drive for IR, it's only for Creative's RemoteControl via Remote Center......

You can use the IR port on your MB, I have a ASUS MB, and i have a ASUS iPAnel Delux with IR on the front..... Used it to sync my cellular phone, but now I have changed to Bluetooth....

Comment

Too bad Creative could have made it more useful...

My cheapo mobo doesn't have an IR connector so I'm stuck

I could use my flatmate's iPanel but... -_ - anyway I think USB Bluetooth dongles are still too expensive in Europe, where it costs only 10GBP in Japan comparing to 35+GBP in the UK...

Comment

Working...
          X