ULead MS 5.2 no sound??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ULead MS 5.2 no sound??

I can record a WAV from a VCR, and I can create AVI (video only). When I capture a clip, the sound quits as soon as I start the capture. I have all the boxes checked to capture video and audio, The hardware appears to be fine, as I can get a WAV no problem. When I insert the captured AVI into the Editor, the sound portion is just a flat line.

I trust someone here has been down this road..Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I've been down this road too. In my case it was because the "record" settings are completely seperate from the "playback" settings. So all the time that I was previewing video with the "line-in" unmuted I was hearing the audio but as soon as I tried recording I got zilch on the soundtrack. Luckily I got put back on track shortly before pulling out all my hair. The answer in my case was to access the "record" menu for the soundcard (Yamaha 192XG in my case) and switch the default record channel from Microphone to Line-In.

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks, TI...I don't know why I didn,t think of opening 2 sets of controls..My dad was having similar problems making CDs with Easy Creator, and the solution was opening a record and playback set of controls. Now the kicker-I thought of that!! I guess I must have some brainlock going on.

I will try it posthaste, and let you know if it works.

Thanks for taking the time to help THIS IDIOT, This_Idiot!

Comment

Hope it works for you

That's what we're all here for after all, askin' and answerin'. If someone hadn't helped me out I wouldn't be in a position to pass it on

Comment

Well, I wish I could report that that worked.

I opened up a control for both, but got the same result. I will add that I have a SB Live X-Gamer, and the controls for that are more complicated than Chinese arithmetic, but there seems to be a consensus between the SB settings and the Windows controls (when I mute a function on the SB, the Windows function also mutes, etc.)

I am, however, very stubborn. I will prevail!

I am not very well versed in video capture, I only got the RRG for my G400Max a couple of weeks ago. All I want to do is put some video clips on a buddys website! I thought it would be a piece of cake. And it probably will be when I get it down.

I am trying to capture in MJPEG format..is this correct?? Does the compression codec preclude capturing audio with the video?? Please don't tell me I will have to capture video and audio separate, and sync them up.

Please give any hints or tips you can, I can only plead ignorance.

PS. The tutoral on the Ulead CD has to be the single biggest dissapointment of this whole ordeal. I yearn for the days when an actual book was enclosed with software, but this being a bundle, I seem to be stuck with what I have. I don't think I will spend $400 for a full version to get the book! ;-)

Thanks again, I am confident we will make this thing work!

Comment

I have a Matrox RRS so I don't know the G400. But I also found an area in the RRS remote control that also allowed the audio input to be turned on. I had the same problem when I install my new Creative PCI Vibra card some months ago.
            paulw

Comment

JWilliams,

If you need more information than you found in the tutorial, check the following URL:

ftp://ftp.ulead.com/pub/Manual/MediaStudioPro5/English/

Here you can find the tutorial for MSP5.

Marijn

Comment

Just a thought, but within PC-VCR you may need to enable audio input. Load up the app, right-click on it (or select the little gear-wheel icon), select "audio levels" and make sure that "line-in" is unmuted and the slider is half-way up.

Comment

Hey!! Great to see my post back up the board!

Marijn..Thanks for the link to the online tutorial. I will go there NOW. Surely this problem can be solved. Yes, I am still trying, if you people will spend your time trying to help me, then I will do everything I can to help myself.

ThisIdiot..I have not tried the PC-VCR yet, but will open it up in hopes that some as-of-yet undiscovered audio switch is there, keeping me from recording!!

The greatest "Thank You" to all who have taken the time to help me resolve this!!

WE WILL PREVAIL!!

Comment

Working...
                  X