X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox: a tradition of image quality excellence

From the Matrox In-the-Loop Newsletter:
    Matrox: a tradition of image quality excellence
    Recognized throughout the industry for producing graphics cards with pristine image quality, Matrox embodies dedication and leadership by consistently offering high-quality graphics solutions for professional and mainstream computing. With Matrox Parhelia’s superb output quality recently garnering three prestigious Best Video Hardware Guide™ awards from DisplayMate® Technologies Corporation, Matrox’s long-standing tradition of providing unparalleled image quality is clearer than ever.
    http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/news...uk/feature.cfm
    Interesting, don't ya think?

P.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

If you look at the other cards they rate as high quality, you can see that it seems easy to get their award with a bit of bribing:

"NVidia Geforce 4 Ti series" - LOL, they don't even seem to be aware of the fact that there are many different companies producing these cards with very varying display qualities... D'oh!

EDIT: Oh, and the G450 and the G550 are not listed - maybe those are missing the banding that's required to get the award
    Last edited by Indiana; 26 November 2002, 16:38.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

They probably didn't get one sample board, but 50 to equip the whole company and their family. Like it happens all so often
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Because the G400 MAX had a better DAC than the G450 and 550 it was 360 hz

Comment

Originally posted by 3dfx
          Because the G400 MAX had a better DAC than the G450 and 550 it was 360 hz
          Beep.

Both the G450 and G550 have 360 MHz primary RAMDACs. G400 vanilla was the only exception at 300 MHz.
          Secondary RAMDACs are: G400(MAX) 135 MHz, G450 and G550 230 MHz.

Edit: I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that In-the-Loop Newsletter
          Last edited by Tempest; 26 November 2002, 17:18.

Comment

"Professional PC Enthusiast" is what got me as the target me for the P-128... come on - either your a pro or your an enthusiast - or are they telling us that to buy the P we should enjoy our jobs? That must be why it sold so well...
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest

Both the G450 and G550 have 360 MHz primary RAMDACs. G400 vanilla was the only exception at 300 MHz.
              Secondary RAMDACs are: G400(MAX) 135 MHz, G450 and G550 230 MHz.
              Exactly. And RamDAC speed has everything to do with the quality of the analog output... NOT!
              My System
              German ATI-forum

Comment

Well it must be because the G400 MAX , G450 and the G550 are basically the same core

Comment

The Core still does not have much to do with the quality of the analog output, this is more depending on the board design and especially on the used RF filters.

And then to mention the "GF4 Ti series" makes it fully ridiculous. If they had added a specific GF4 manufacturer/card, yes. But "GF4 Ti series", ROFLMAO....
                  My System
                  German ATI-forum

Comment

Matrox Dev Team: Oh no! We've discovered a flaw on the Parhelia that can potentally reduce the image quality even on the DVI output!
                    Matrox Marketing Team: According to our marketing research Matrox Inc. has historically produced cards with high image quality, you must be wrong!

Comment

The (not so) funny thing about this is Jon: that's probably exactly how it was
                      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana

Exactly. And RamDAC speed has everything to do with the quality of the analog output... NOT!
                        I agree. I've seen a G400Max driving a 345MHz display, and it started to show some letter ghosting on the higher frequencies/resolutions. Still good for that old a card, but it confirms that then analog circuits are very important, and that Matrox had reason to try and enhance it on recent products.

Comment

stop dissing the feature story. thanks.
                          OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

No offense, buy why ?

Comment

Sorry Soupy - but more seriously are we likely to get any comment on the banding issues?
                              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                              X