Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook error: 550

'error 550: relaying to X prohibited by administrator.'

I get that if i try to send plain text using three different accounts. Only one account seems to work. Any idea what it is?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

hmm.. i can send an email from an @ntlworld.com addy to another @ntlworld.com addy. But I cant send one from @ntlworld.com to anywhere else... My @bushe.co.uk addy wont send anything...
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

it would appear that my @bushe.co.uk addy requires me to be using their dailup.

Bugger.

Comment

Well yes, this is true - no ISP will allow their mail servers to be open for relaying.
        You will only be able to send e-mail through a mail server when you are logged onto that ISP's dial-up connection - standard procedure that.
        You can however receive e-mail from all of your accounts no matter which one you are logged into.

I simply set the outgoing mail server to the same on all my accounts - I set it to the ISP I use 99.9% of the time.

Example:

I use Virgin.net

So for my @virgin.net account I use

Incoming mail server pop.virgin.net
        Outgoing mail server smtp.virgin.net

username - my virgin.net username
        password - my virgin.net password

For my @prawlings.net account (personal domain)

Incoming mail server pop.prawlings.net

Username - my prawlings.net username
        Password - my prawlings.net password

For my @swgtips.com account (personal domain)

Incoming mail server pop.swgtips.com

Username - my swgtips.com username
        Password - my swgtips.com password

As I'm phyisically connected to one of Virgin's IP addresses I don't need to authenticate myself to send mail through their servers.

Edit:
        Actually this is how I used to set my mail up, due to the way my domains are now hosted I have my own SMTP/POP servers which I use for sending even when attached to virgin.net - but I do need to authenticate by receiving mail before I can send so that my IP address is temporary added to the authorised relay list.
        It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
        Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Working...
        X