Slightly OT - TMPGEnc 'Mpeg Tools' Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly OT - TMPGEnc 'Mpeg Tools' Problem

I've created a 1gb mpeg using the matrox remote (G400 & RR-G) and wish to take out the adverts between each episode (two episodes within the 1gb file I captured).
    Not having any other editing software I tried the mpeg tools facility in TMPGEnc.
    I loaded the file, and sourced the first half of the first episode, I then loaded the same 1gb file again and sourced the second half (of the first episode). I did this again for the first and second half of the second episode (I therefore had loaded the same 1gb file four times and sourced different parts of it) and hit 'run'.
    Everytime I tried this, even though the first clip is ten minutes it only created a 120 sec clip.
    I loaded the 1gb file again and this time only sourced the first ten minutes - still it only created a 120 second clip.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    I was beginning to think the mpeg tools facility in TMPGEnc wasn't designed for this, but as I tried it again only sourcing *one* clip, think I must be doing something wrong.
    I've successfully used this program to cut mpegs in the past.
    Any idea's are greatly appreciated.
    Will
    --
    One thing I forgot to mention - I also copied the 1gb file a further three times so I could import four different clips into TMPGenc tools and source different ranges from each one - still the same output of 120secs.
    Last edited by Will Hay; 26 November 2002, 04:23.
    --
    The trouble with democracy is every stupid b*****d get's a vote
    --
    Windows XP, SP1
    Elite K7S5A
    AMD Athlon XP2000+
    Matrox 32mb G400 Dual Head (682.016 display package) *not* in my father-in-law's machine
    Matrox Rainbow Runner G Series Capture Card (628 display driver and vt155e video tools) *not* in a box in the study
    Primary IDE Master: IBM Deskstar 40GB GXP
    Secondary IDE Master: Panasonic LF-D311 DVD-R Burner
    Secondary IDE Slave: Lite-On 16102b (x16x10x40) Burner
    Primary IDE Slave: Toshiba 105 DVD-Rom Drive
    2 x Maxtor 80gb D740X on RAID 0
    512mb SDRam PC133 Memory
    SB Live 1024 Soundcard (driver 4.06.656)
    ADSL EA900 USB Modem
    ...........ATI Radeon 64mb DDR ViVo *not* installed in place of my trusty old G400

Hi Will,

I am not quite sure if "I'm with you" , but to edit a clip in TMPGEnc you will first have to import an avi file, go to Settings, go to Advanced then select Source Range and double click on the disctiption next to tht box, then edit your clip from there.

Debbie
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Hello.
      Thanks for the message.
      Perhaps I wasn't clear ...........
      I've created my mpeg(1) already, and hope to use the 'mpeg tools' function in TPMGEnc (file > mpeg tools) to cut and edit it.
      That's where my problems start!
      From earlier posts I learnt from Brian (Ellis) I should be editing avi's before converting to mpeg, but as I'm only cutting out bits I don't need I find this the easiest way - I'm not losing quality in doing it.
      I simply captured a one hour clip of tv, converted the whole lot to mpeg1 using TMPGEnc and now want to remove the adverts.
      I'll take a screen shot tonight (when I get home) and upload it.
      Will
      Last edited by Will Hay; 26 November 2002, 13:56.
      --
      The trouble with democracy is every stupid b*****d get's a vote
      --
      Windows XP, SP1
      Elite K7S5A
      AMD Athlon XP2000+
      Matrox 32mb G400 Dual Head (682.016 display package) *not* in my father-in-law's machine
      Matrox Rainbow Runner G Series Capture Card (628 display driver and vt155e video tools) *not* in a box in the study
      Primary IDE Master: IBM Deskstar 40GB GXP
      Secondary IDE Master: Panasonic LF-D311 DVD-R Burner
      Secondary IDE Slave: Lite-On 16102b (x16x10x40) Burner
      Primary IDE Slave: Toshiba 105 DVD-Rom Drive
      2 x Maxtor 80gb D740X on RAID 0
      512mb SDRam PC133 Memory
      SB Live 1024 Soundcard (driver 4.06.656)
      ADSL EA900 USB Modem
      ...........ATI Radeon 64mb DDR ViVo *not* installed in place of my trusty old G400

Comment

Working...
      X