Damn Links Toolbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Links Toolbar

How do I make it so that this never EVER EVER EVER EVER comes back? I disable it, but whenever the web page I'm viewing opens a new window, the new window has it - NO MATTER WHAT I DO!

ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

dont you just change the properties so that it's hidden?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I used to have the same problem until I discovered a <a href="http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/zap.html">use</a> for the links toolbar.

Comment

Change it in a window, close all others (including explorer windows for good measure), and close the one you changed it in last.

If you already did it this way and it failed, right-click on the links folder in an explorer window and make it hidden. It won't show up in the menus and it may not show up as the toolbar.

Comment

Nope, nope, and sorry but nope.

Tried all that.

Also tried getting a window that had it, punching C:\ into that window, killing links, and then choosing "make all windows like this one".

Didn't help. It's there on each and every new popup window.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I have recently downloaded Mozilla and I'm happier with it than IE. Tabbed browsing, no popups, CNN sidebar, blocking of adds (images)

Ars mozilla review
            Last edited by UtwigMU; 25 November 2002, 21:10.

Comment

Blah blah Mozilla blah opensource blah slow blah icky interface blah.

- Gurm

P.S. Mozilla is ok. Better than Netscape, for sure for sure.

Comment

You can minimize links toolbar so that it doesn't bother you. Here's how my IE looks.
                Attached Files

Comment

well you can try a different mozilla theme if you want to find a more icky slow interface like IE..

Comment

Slow interface? Phoenix screams compared to IE.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Mozilla is slow...'loading' I believe, the interface comment was separate. It's...'icky'

Roll on Phoenix though...when's 0.5 due? Only 4 days left of November!
                      Meet Jasmine.
                      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Gurm,

Cannot Move, Delete, or Rename Links Folder on Favorites Menu
                        Last edited by SitFlyer; 26 November 2002, 04:57.

Comment

SitFlyer,

Thanks, but that's the Links "Folder" in the Favorites menu. That can be permanently removed by deleting it and replacing it with a 0-byte text file named "Links" which is hidden and read-only.

The Links BAR on the other hand, seems to be inde-****ing-structible.

Others:

Mozilla is slooooow to load. And its interface sucks. Yes, two separate issues.

- Gurm

Comment

If you ever get the chance try the Phoenix variant of Mozilla. It is significantly faster. It doesn't have an installer yet, but it is promising. Still looking for a registry entry for the toolbar.

Comment

Gurm, how much RAM and what disk do you have? You can use quickstart to speed up Mozilla loading.

Comment

Working...
                              X