Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I issue the greatest challenge of them all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I issue the greatest challenge of them all!

Well, ok. Maybe it's more like the penultimate challenge.

GO READ LORD OF THE RINGS.

RIGHT NOW.

I'M NOT JOKING.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

All done...now what I do?

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

read it in 4 days in January this year.

Comment

Re: I issue the greatest challenge of them all!

Originally posted by Gurm
        Well, ok. Maybe it's more like the penultimate challenge.

GO READ LORD OF THE RINGS.

RIGHT NOW.

I'M NOT JOKING.

- Gurm
        Errr, that's not a challenge.
        System Specs:
        Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
        May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
        Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
        And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
        just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
        For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

I went through the Fellowship Audio Book and I must say my view has not changed. I will go through the rest during the break.

Comment

Time to go to the library. When it opens of course.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Heh, if you want a challenge, go read War and Peace (the unabridged version). But it'd be good to read LOtRs again since The Two Towers will be out soon. Can't wait.

Chios, I'd actually read the book. For some reason I don't enjoy a book as much when it's on tape, but that might be just me. Did they actually sing the singing parts in the book on the tape?
              System Specs:
              Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
              May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
              Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
              And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
              just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
              For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Buddman, I read the books. I decided to go through them again.
                Yes they sing the singing parts and it is funny. Actually it is only one guy reading the book and he changes his voice a bit for every character.

Comment

Bah, I've read it (translated) 4 or 5 times between the age of 11 and 17. I now have the English version at home and I managed to convince (using moderate power ) Alice to read it. Once she's done, I might read it once more.

Anyway, for all of you who never read any of it, start with The Hobbit, it's lighter and reads quite faster. If you like it, you can advance to the LOTR. Happy reading

Comment

Read them 5 times!
                    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

A challenge? Read the Wheel of Time series by RObert Jordan and try to make sense of m.

Reading LoTR is ez....

Umf
                      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Read it - perhaps 4 times..... Best in class

A REAL read is the Sillmarillian -(SP) Describes the first and second ages - finished by Christopher Tolkien - and written in a 'Middle English' style...... Truly AMAZING - back in the first age - Sauron was Morgoths servant! They made real SUPER villians.....

For a bit of crazyness also read 'farmer giles of Ham' - describes Tom Bombadill in a new light (wish he was in the first LOTR movie - a beutiful rendition of a middle-english earth god

A good read (with only a fraction of the background though - but butifully 'connected' - Stephen Donaldson - the White gold weilder... his other work was a bit dim.... Too long tough.

RedRed
                        Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

hey ho merry dol
                          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

RedRed> Or read the Unfinished tales... It's the collection of the stories Tolkien never finished/published...
                            Very good, and quite a few stories that didn't make it into Silmarillian... (Though a couple of the stories are just different versions of the same story...)

Comment

Originally posted by eftychios
                              I went through the Fellowship Audio Book and I must say my view has not changed. I will go through the rest during the break.
                              Audio book? Err... which version, and in what language?

- Gurm
                              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                              X