Start Bar problem driving me mad!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Bar problem driving me mad!!!

In Winxp, I set my start bar 3 widths high. When I restart my computer, it is two widths high!!! and it doesn't save. This happened all of a sudden. Anybody know how to keep it from moving?

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I presume you've tried locking it?

Err... XP or Win2k?

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Yep, locked it, still happens And I'm using XP.

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

a related question: can i make the items in the tak bar smaller so that more of them fit in one row?
        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Its connected with the size of the Window Title Bar. If you make the title bar smaller, the icons in the taskbar get smaller as well. I dont know if you can do it separately.
          Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Try making it the size you want...CTRL+ALT+DEL, kill all instances of explorer.exe.

then CTRL+ALT+DEL and start a new task...explorer.exe. Bring it back. Shut down completely. Turn it back on. Sounds nuts, but MAY work.

Comment

Working...
            X