Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need quiet cpu cooler.

Hi again,

I found out what happens when you accedently put screwdriver into 5500rpm CPU fan.

Crunch, "oh s***", franticly shut machine down.

So now my cpu fan is broken and I need new heatsink and fan combo

I have an AMD athlon 2000xp and need a quiet but powerful fan for this system. (since it has to survive perth summers)

What heatsink/fan combo works well but is also quiet?
    80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Titan TTC-D5TB(TC) ?

Or go with Zalman if you think the case fan on the Titan's to loud (29 db).

Comment

The Titan TTC-D5TB(TC) IS great!!

We use it as our standard HS when we build computers....

BTW:

be sure to get the laters rev......
      The first ones were so badly machined they almost needed to be lapped to cool a duron700
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Thanks guys

That looks to be an "excellent" heatsink+fan, and at a very good price.

This should be a more than adequate replacement for my stock heatsink+fan. And it seems exceptionally quiet (29db is far quieter than this 5500rpm fan was putting out)

Now... I just have to find one

Just one more question. Are these heatsinks difficult/dangerous to mount, or on par with the stock AMD heatsink?

Comment

THe latest rev. uses a clip that uses all three notches and it realy easy to mount using a flat screwdriver...

Better yet: when the screwdriver is incerted into its "notch" it cant slip

Erlier rev's used a single notch clip that was downright dangerous
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Why not just get an 80mm heatsink like the Thermalright AX7, SK7, Alpha 8045 and a Panaflo 80mm???
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Why not...they are dirtcheap!!!

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
                Why not just get an 80mm heatsink like the Thermalright AX7, SK7, Alpha 8045 and a Panaflo 80mm???
                Do they fit on a 2000xp, in an older case that does not do p4

Comment

@rugger

ever heard of super glue.. I've done that repeatedly with a couple of fans I've got and it fixes them right up

I see nothing about this Titan cooler that makes it very good. It's your plain jane all AL HS with an 80mm fan ontop

Get something real
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by rugger

Do they fit on a 2000xp, in an older case that does not do p4
                    Sure....what motherboard have you got???

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III

Sure....what motherboard have you got???
                      See sig (ECS K7S5A)

Comment

Yup, both the Alpha8045 and the 2 Thermarights will work, but you'll have to pull the board outta the case to install the Alpha....
                        Last edited by K6-III; 23 November 2002, 23:03.

Comment

no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                            @rugger

ever heard of super glue.. I've done that repeatedly with a couple of fans I've got and it fixes them right up

I see nothing about this Titan cooler that makes it very good. It's your plain jane all AL HS with an 80mm fan ontop

Get something real
                            I know about super glue

But supergluing a 5.5K rpm fan up is a silly, short term solution that will rattle like hell. The fins are also pretty twisted up, since they didn't break all that cleanly.

I'd rather replace it now with a low noise heatsink/fan combo. (the noise of my computer was starting to become annoying)

I know the Titan isn't a particularly good cooler, but I don't plan to overclock and it has an adjustable fan on it. (not that it will do all that much good with an xp2000 under it!)

I will probably end up with whatever the computer store has when I get there though, since there seems to be plenty of acceptable and quiet CPU fan/heatsinks around.

Comment

Working...
                            X