Insane OCZ Memory! (DDR466/500)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insane OCZ Memory! (DDR466/500)

OCZ releases EL DDR IC in speeds up to DDR500 (4ns) for ultra high speed DDR modules

Considering that DDR400 is somehow not fully supported, can one actually make use of that ram with today's mobos ?

Uhm that would be a 250Mhz FSB and I think the highest divider on motherboards is 6, so that would mean running the PCI bus at 41Mhz and therefore the AGP bus at 82Mhz
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

A bit high on the PCI clock, but nothing any AGP card can't handle today.
      I'm doing 96MHz AGP bus with my GF3 now on a BX mobo, 2xAGP.
      My G400 (being an early model) had to be ran in 1x for stability.

Comment

OCZ? isn't that the same company that was hand picking review chips, and most retail chips really sucked ass? also, didn't they claim that they manufactured the memory modules, when they are all really remarked?
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
          OCZ? isn't that the same company that was hand picking review chips, and most retail chips really sucked ass? also, didn't they claim that they manufactured the memory modules, when they are all really remarked?
          Wouldn't know, the only thing that pops in mind about OCZ is coolers.
          Don't know if it's the same company.

Comment

Yup, same company. having problems finding links right now but there was a fairly large flap about it a while ago. Lots of other company names/websites and a lot of effort going into making a tiny mom&pop type computer shop look like a larger manufacturing company.
            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Yeh same company looks like they're trying it again. I like the web page makes em look big.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

eYup. Same company that pulled the switch a roo on the memory.. I'd stay away from them
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

But you COULD use those with P4 systems that have 4:5 mem divider... No PCI/AGP problems there because of the FIXED PCI/AGP ratios options on some mb's.

Thinking a P4 1.6A/1.8A [ or the same divider new 533 versions 2.xx/2.4G ] @ 3G+ on a GOOD cooling system.. and THEN apply the 4:5 mem divider.

You can get close to 200Mhz FSB with phase cooling, so you would need about ~DDR500 to max out the mem performance. But yeah, have read BAD things about OCZ, so i would wait untill some other company makes similiar products.

Just think DDR500 on those new SIS DUAL-DDR boards.. WHOA. Those will have that 4:5 divider.. the only question is can the chipset handle HIGH FSB.

Pe-Te

Comment

Just think DDR500 on those new SIS DUAL-DDR boards.. WHOA. Those will have that 4:5 divider.. the only question is can the chipset handle HIGH FSB.
                    With the improvements SiS has implemented over the last year or so I see no problem with them being able todo 250mHz
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PeTe

Pe-Te
                      However unless you get hold a review copy it's unlikely that the memory will work.
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                      X