• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food!

Making your own dinner is fun!

It's also both chemistry and art

And You definitly have to chew down your mistakes
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

erm.... first time cooking?
    -Slougi

Comment

No, no no no.........

been doing that for 6-8 years now....

And definitley the last year.... (moved to my own apartment in dec 01)

But you never ever know to 100% that it will be like last time
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

so true
        -Slougi

Comment

Yeah, well my theory is that there are basically two types of cooks among the non-chef-oriented young men living alone:

One type never manages to make food that tastes like anything made before.
          The other type makes food that tastes the same, regardless of ingredients.

Comment

I think I rather belong to the first type....

The second type sound's like school had some blame.... (eaver had school lunch?, then youl know what I am refering to )

Comment

I wondered why all my food tastes like chicken.

hmm... especially byock... (s)he tastes like chicken
              Last edited by Chrono_Wanderer; 24 November 2002, 00:59.

Comment

My dad is an awesome cook. And when he's working his food is still good.

I have to give credit to my dad because he made the absolute BEST Apple Strudel Cheesecake.

Now as for myself, well, I'm a beginner compared to him, but I can still teach him some cooking tricks now and then!

But cooking is fun, especially when your cooking for or with that special someone.

Edit: had to remove "while over the Atlantic on a C-130 hercules!!! Simply amazing!!" cause I just remembered that he made it before hand.
                Last edited by ZokesPro; 23 November 2002, 22:08.
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

When I started cooking for myself I decided to take cooking classes to supplement my family cookbook; mostly farm/Ahmish/Mennonite/Swedish dishes. To that end I took classes in various asian styles. Never regretted it.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

hmm... speaking of asian dish...

ALL YOUR SHSHI ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Comment

Sushi is the best food ever!

Comment

@Chrono_Wanderer

Just noticed your sig... Parhelia II SOON!!!!

See you like BBQ pig wings
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

BBQ Pig Wings have a "gamy" taste to them, not the best meat there is, but the bacon part is oh so yummy!

Edit: Pigs fly all the time in Canada!
                          Last edited by ZokesPro; 23 November 2002, 22:02.

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                            BEST Apple Strudel Cheesecake
                            Have to agree there as its possibly the only one. Always viewed "streudel" and "cheesecake" as mutually exclusive terms - let alone an "apple streudel" and "cheesecake"
                            Last edited by LvR; 23 November 2002, 22:08.
                            Lawrence

Comment

@Greebe

actually i should change my sig to Pitou SOON (TM)

and in that case i will be eating Pitou dog wings

so... any suggestion on how to fit a dog in my AGP slot? and even though i am replacing Pitou with my G550 doesn't mean i like to eat G-chips (well... i guess i do )

Zokes: yea i know and the only way to get pigs in canada is to shoot them down.

edit: typos, as usual
                              Last edited by Chrono_Wanderer; 23 November 2002, 23:48.

Comment

Working...
                              X