Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking the term "Laptop" to new extremes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking the term "Laptop" to new extremes!

Oh boy!.
    Lawrence

Burned by a Dell!!!

HAHAHA!!!!!

When laptops fight back, on FOX tonight! LOL
    Last edited by ZokesPro; 22 November 2002, 07:37.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I've heard of a hot foot before but this is uh...yeah...

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Should I ever be stupid enough to do something like that, please put me out of my own misery...

~Sethos
        "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Nah, it's easier than you think.

We have a heater vent in our apartment, it's the only source of heat - it's about 2 feet square, and it's right between our living room and dining room.

Now, in the cold months (like last winter, when this happened) it can be VERY cold in the mornings, so I'd sit on the vent as the warm air blew, with Logan in my lap feeding him his morning bottle.

Problem is, when the warm air stops blowing, the vent itself gets REALLY hot.

Wear a thin pair of pants, and you can get... a blister on your bum... without feeling yourself burn.

Now... if my Johnson, on the other hand, were getting awfully warm... I think I might move.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

I wonder if he can sue Dell for $10 million like the gal at McDonalds who spilled her coffee?

That most certainly would prove the case for tort reform

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I doubt he'd get away with it. I would imagine that Dell has a clause in their warranty about things like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                I doubt he'd get away with it. I would imagine that Dell has a clause in their warranty about things like this.
                Christ, if you can sue and win for spilling hot coffee on you I'm sure you can sue for a lap top burning your schlong.
                #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                people do all day!"

Comment

Originally posted by Strahd

Christ, if you can sue and win for spilling hot coffee on you I'm sure you can sue for a lap top burning your schlong.
                  I'm not saying he can't do it, but I doubt he'll get any money for it. Dell would probably dig up one of their thousands of documents stating they are not responsible for his injuries. They did change the name from "laptop" to "notebook" and it's probably because of this.

I'd like to see him try though. He'd probably end up spedning a lot of money on a lawyer for nothing though.

Comment

He would win.

That's the justice system.

But I never thought of that. Laptop is no longer called a lap top. Perhaps this has happened before....Hmmmmmmm
                    #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                    people do all day!"

Comment

Originally posted by Strahd
                      He would win.

That's the justice system.

But I never thought of that. Laptop is no longer called a lap top. Perhaps this has happened before....Hmmmmmmm
                      He would win cause Dell would probably buy him off to avoid more publicity, or they would award him with a hefty compensation.

But I don't doubt that many penises have been burned before!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                        I wonder if he can sue Dell for $10 million like the gal at McDonalds who spilled her coffee?
                        Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                          They did change the name from "laptop" to "notebook" and it's probably because of this.
                          I seem to recall a time when there were both "laptops" and "notebooks" on the market at the same time - they were pretty much the same, but "notebooks" were newer and smaller. I think that was around the time that "luggables" were disappearing.
                          Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Uh, as soon as I started to get warm, I would have moved it. But then, maybe that is the first time he has been warm down there in a long time.
                            "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by Byock
                              Uh, as soon as I started to get warm, I would have moved it. But then, maybe that is the first time he has been warm down there in a long time.
                              Hehe, yeah he could have mistaken the "warmth" with something else.

Comment

Working...
                              X