Time to replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to replace?

At work we have a demo machine thats running 3Dmark2000 24/7 and the Gefart 256 sdram card has become increasingly "strange" it stuttters badly and emits more heat than ever before

I changed out all fans and thought that it would help but no go.....

Have to check the interface material as well...

But I think it's time to retire it......
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

where's the pics?

Comment

I lent my camera to my coworker and he's on leave today

It the HS reaches about 40-50c and the backside 55-60

I have 3 92mm fans pointed at it

Its the "temp" tester!

If anything is still unstable with that mouch airflow something is broken
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

GREAT!
        Talked to the boss and he just said "Replace it"

Comment

Yeah, you can replace that cheap nowaday. Many sub $100 cards will blow it away. Dollar for dollar, ATI cards seem faster under $100.

Comment

Hehe

The funny thing is, I haven't actually found a game that is unplayable on my Geforce DDR.

Neverwinter nights was the closest any game has become to being playable on my Gefart DDR card.

It is a bastard child though, tempermental at times, requires a good power source, hot as all heck, but I have had suprisingly few problems with it.
            80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Working...
            X