Grumpy support from Crucial UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumpy support from Crucial UK

I've got a stick of DDR thats gone belly up in a major way. I emailed them with all the part numbers and got no reply of course. Finally being of sick I decided to ring from home, to busy at work and I ain't supposed to make personal phone calls.
    Get through to a polite lady who identifies the part and puts me through to a techie. The techie insists I do a few more tests. Being sick I said I'll do them later in the week.
    Anyway I run the software test programme from simmtesters.com that he suggested on the good mem first and this passes. I put the old stick in and after the walking bit's test it failed every other test.
    Rang up Cruical and got another lady who sounded a bit grumpy gave her details and she said she rang back. She did (Amazing) and gave me the returns number. Then decided to lecture me that she couldn't find the batch number and that the memory wasn't bought from them. I said "funny the lady earlier in the week had no problems". To that she retorted "Well you've ordered four lots and one of them wasn't even DDR memory." Pointless argument so I said "thanks" and hung up.
    I've included the details int he covering returns letter but I didn't catch the ladies name. If the helpdesk software they've got is any good they should be able to find the silly women.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I've had a stick of DDR die from them after about 6months.
    I phoned the woman up and she gave me a RMA and said that she would post out a replacement that day.

I got the replacement before i'd even had chance to return the faulty one. No tech support, no testing. jsut wham, bang thank you m'am.

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I got a bad stick of DDR straight from them online once. I called them after six months (I couldn't confirm that my problems were the memory before then - it would pass every test I ran), and just said essentially "this module is bad. Please replace it. Here's the order number." Got an RMA straight away, sent it off, had a replacement in about two working days.

Weren't you the one having problems with Scan before? It seems you have a knack for getting this kind of treatment.
      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Talking of Scan - I finally got round to RMA'ing the mobo that I was having problems with. When I got the RMA number from them (v easy) they said it should be turned around in a couple of days. It's now getting on for a week and they are saying "oooh - well - probably around 10 days here to test it... you know - the christmas rush and all..."

Grrrr. Would have made alternative arrangements if I had known this before. And I bet they are going to turn round at the end of the 10 days and say "well, it looks fine to us so we're going to send the same one back to you in 2nd class post..."

And why is the returns/testing department so busy in November because of Christmas? I thought that they would be worst off in Jan?
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbit
          Weren't you the one having problems with Scan before? It seems you have a knack for getting this kind of treatment.
          The Pit is our very own calamity magnet
          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

The first two people I spoke too were very nice and polite. I presume this one was just having a bad day or had been brought on the desk because they were busy.
            I see Gnep is having problems with Scan what a surprise. Don't be surprised if you don't see a new board til well into the new year.
            The other company I had a problem went bust much to the bemusment of Barclaycard becuase the company didn't tell them. I found that highly amusing.

If you want Calamity hows this.

Commadore Vic20 brand new dead on arrival.
            Commadore Vic64 brand new dead on arrival.
            Commadore Vic64 replacement faulty on collection. Another new one from the back.
            Commadore Amiga 500 faulty memory on arrival.
            Commadore 1500 faulty memory on arrival.

Test driving a Proton it died thirty seconds into the test drive. The alarm had failed which immobalised the car. One very embarrased sales rep.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

And I thought I was unlucky?
              "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Missed another one out the replacement Amiga 500 was a dud as well. I couldn't believe it.
                As for being unlucky there was one year and I won basically ever raffle I entered got to the stage I would pull my own number out. Nice it was all money and not Cuddly toys. A few years ago walkers were doing an offer where they put up too twenty pounds into a packet of crisps. Went in the local Petrol station and bought a large packet. There was a fiver in it. Went down a week later the same again. This happened every time I popped in until the offer finnished. Now they don't sell those packets.
                Hasn't worked on the Football pools though barring the two grand I didn't get becuase I didn't put the cross in from 8 from 10 box.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Your a lemon filter, just like I used to be. (not on purpose though) It can be so upsetting sometimes. You wonder why some people buy stuff and it lasts them forever but when you buy the same thing it breaks down right away or arrives DOA.
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I see Scan have made pcplus again for bad tech support/Customer care. They even drop computers off via Taxi without any warning.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well, after a couple of phone calls to Scan last week asking them to mark my RMA as "Urgent" it seems that (looking at my online tracking, which incidentally is quite good), my mobo has been tested, a fault found (which means I was right!), and a new invoice thingie issued for a replacement at 1pm today. So actually if this is true then the service is not so bad at all. Apparently it's waiting to be picked and dispatched - if it's anything like the original order, that should be tomorrow, so should have the mobo Thursday if all is well.

In the end, quite efficient, although the staff on the phone were "variable"...

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                        Your a lemon filter, just like I used to be. (not on purpose though) It can be so upsetting sometimes. You wonder why some people buy stuff and it lasts them forever but when you buy the same thing it breaks down right away or arrives DOA.
                        Thanks TP. If it wasn't for you, we'd all be getting crappy service and crappy products.
                        #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                        people do all day!"

Comment

Thumbs up to TP!

Lets find a fitting award.....

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Comment

Now I'll put my bollocks on the scanner and post a proper picture.

By the way I hate lemons.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X