Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dell oem g400max

guys, i have this card.

it's a dell oem. does that mean the card is manufactured by dell using chips supplied by matrox or are they all (board + chip) manufactured by matrox?
    The future's no use today.
    <a href="http://autarkic.org/geek.html">RIG*</a>

Manufactured by Matrox

But, no support by Matrox
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

one more Q : will the g400max's have any voltage problems with the i845ge chipsets? i am thinking of dropping mine into shuttle's sb51g. thanks again.

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Some of the early 2x models have problems with specific mobos, though I'm not sure if that particular mobo is one of them.
          The issue can be worked around with a minor mod to the G400.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I think you have a problem there because intel chipsets only support 1.5v AGP cards.
            P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
            Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
            And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

no problem there what so ever. the G400 was designed to be able to operate at 1.5v if it is available.

the only problem is that the AGP 2.0 spec wasn't finalized until after the G400 release (iirc) and the final revision did allow a hole for some vendors to exploit in order for the motherboard to sense what graphics card is in the system. unfortunately, the way the early G400 boards were designed it causes a problem with this method of detection, although it can be fixed by adding a resistor. i think. iirc.
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

All that's neccessary todo to fix is to jumper the pads on R68 with solder (I soldered on a small bit of wire)

See this thread for more information.

(what an ugly thread that was.. please ignore the BS)
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

thanks guys.

i dont think my butterfingers are skilled for soldering. is there any software to chk for 1.5v or 4x compliance? the mtstu thingie?

Comment

That thread tell you which board revisions are affected by the problem... all you would do is look to see which board revision you have and see if is is affected...
                    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
                    X