X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Parhelia card present in the mad-onion hall of fame

and no fixed card from matrox

So, there's more to life than 3D Mark
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
        You've discovered UT2003 Benchmark as well?
        "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
        Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
        DriverHeaven administrator
        PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

3DMark is worthless. Always has been.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

its probably not shown because there arent enough people with parhelias to have good average of 3dmarks so they dont put it up.
            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
              3DMark is worthless. Always has been.
              When you have graphics card companies writing specific drivers just to boost 3Dmark scores, it shows you that 3Dmark has lost all credibility as a genuine benchmarking tool.

My old Geforce 3 has a slightly higher 3Dmark score than my P, but its a lot slower in UT3K2.

Comment

If Parhelia was king of 3dmark , this thread would not be here. And the people over at NURC. Would be scoffing that their parts are more reliable and don't ship with bugs. Calling us MaIdiots etc,

Hey it's almost the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by gordo-uk
                  When you have graphics card companies writing specific drivers just to boost 3Dmark scores, it shows you that 3Dmark has lost all credibility as a genuine benchmarking tool.

My old Geforce 3 has a slightly higher 3Dmark score than my P, but its a lot slower in UT3K2.
                  nVidia, Matrox, ATI, PowerVR et all have game specifc optimisations in their drivers as well. Should we throw those benchmarks out of the window as well?

3DMark is a good synthetic benchmark. But it's only testing 3DMark. You need to sample other benchmarks - like UT2003 Bench, GL Excess, etc to get a better overall picture.
                  "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

Comment

The only reason why I use 3dmark is too get a rought idea my card is doing. If newer drivers hang or bios changes or other problems cause it to hang or display graphic problems I know I've got a possible problem. Even then I would check out other programs and then if they ran ignore 3dmark completly.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Dats de one Pit.
                      Just use it to test overall stability.
                      Use other, many benches for the 3D output tests....
                      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Because... Hall of Fame only take cards with 1.6GHz ino account?
                        P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                        Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                        And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Originally posted by UberLord

nVidia, Matrox, ATI, PowerVR et all have game specifc optimisations in their drivers as well. Should we throw those benchmarks out of the window as well?

Yes, those of us who started playing pc games long before 3D cards arrived know what playable is, some people should use their eyes once in a while and stop jacking off on numbers.

Does the game look good? is it smooth? if its yes to both, its playable and who gives a rats what the FPS counter says.

Comment

If I had a half inch penis I might want to submit my score to MadOnion. However, it would appear that small penises currently reside in Roma.

No offence intended to any Romans. Also, any jokes you can think of to respond to "If I had a half inch penis" will be ignored

Or indeed, passed onto my girlfriend.

P.
                            Meet Jasmine.
                            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Originally posted by gordo-uk
                              Yes, those of us who started playing pc games long before 3D cards arrived know what playable is, some people should use their eyes once in a while and stop jacking off on numbers.

Does the game look good? is it smooth? if its yes to both, its playable and who gives a rats what the FPS counter says.
                              So how do we know which is the fastest card that gives the best experience for Game X then?

Comment

Working...
                              X