SoftDVD question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoftDVD question

I didn't install the Zoran DVD player when I installed my Marvel G200TV. Now I'm finally getting a DVD drive, and I'm wondering if I can install the player w/o reinstalling the old drivers? Better yet is there any good free software DVD players out there?

Thanks,
    Thien
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

The Zoran player just flat sucks as it just plain hammers the swapfile. I prefer Ravisents Cinemaster or InterVideo's WinDVD.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 07 August 2000).]

Comment

I read the past posts, and I saw a lot of what you said from others. Only problem is I have a G200 so I can't get the Cinemaster, and WinDVD isn't free. I can always go "search" the internet , but I'd rather find a free one. Thanks for the heads up though. BTW, I just got home from buying my Pioneer DVD-115, and so far so good.

[This message has been edited by TnT (edited 07 August 2000).]
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

http://www.dvdutils.com
        I used the cinemaster with my G200. It was the easiest to find on the internet. And the fastest a year ago. The new PowerDVD is fast, but you need to find a key to use it. MGI softdvd is cheap, about $25, it seems a little slower than the others, but costs a lot less.
        Mine: Epox EP-8KTA3, Matrox G400 32mb DH + RRG, Athlon 1.2/266, 256mb, WD 30gb ATA100, Pio 32x CDROM, Adaptec 2940U2W, WD 18.3GB 10k U2W, Yamaha CDRW4416, Pio DVD-303, Scsi Zip 100, Seagate 10/20 Gb tape, SBlive platinum, Linksys 10/100 nic, HP 712c printer, HP 6200 scanner, Linksys 4port cable router, Linksys 2port print server/switch
        Hers: Epox EP-3VSA, G400 32mb SH, PIII 750, 256mb, WD 10gb, Pio 6x DVD, Zip 250, Diamond S90, Linksys 10/100 nic

Comment

Working...
        X