G400 tech on a Parhelia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 tech on a Parhelia?

Is it possible to run the G400 tech Demo on a Parhelia?
    Just Curious

Don't see why not. Why not give it a go?
    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

I tried without a lot of success Has anyone else tried it and how far did you GO!

Comment

I don't think it's possible. The G400 tech demo doesn't use DirectX, it's custom coded directly to the hardware IIRC.

Comment

I don't think it's possible. The G400 tech demo doesn't use DirectX, it's custom coded directly to the hardware IIRC.
          Nonsense. The G400 core never had a proprietary language as glide or directSGL, it always was a D3D/OpenGL chip.

G400 tech demo is a D3D app thatĀ“s hardwired to run only if it finds a G400.

But... believe it or not, but add "i_promise_i_will_go_buy_a_matrox_g400" (without the quotes" at the end of matrox.cfg on the tech demo folder, and run it again.

HereĀ“s it running on a GF4. DonĀ“t know why, but Nvidia never learned how to render sky properly.

Last edited by Nuno; 21 November 2002, 17:21.

Comment

I did say "If I remember correctly".

Comment

Now that's a nice tip, Nuno. Where did you get that from?

I just had to search my old G400 installation CD and reinstall it.
              And yes, it works on the Radeon9700Pro. Still looks not too bad, even considering todays standards.
              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
              My System
              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
              German ATI-forum

Comment

Was (and still is) rather a neat demo
                Cheers, Reckless

Comment

Is there a possibility to download the demo???

Edit: Never mind, I found it.

Comment

tell us if you found it =)

Matrox G400 Tech Demo (g400techdemo.zip - 33MB)

Comment

I remember Haig saying that if you manouver the camera underneath the fairy you got a "surprise".

I've tried it, but I saw nothing of note.
                      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

I tried it and it seems to almost work as it starts and for a 2 - 3seconds or so I can hear sound but I can get any further. Any suggestion? I have tried switching things on and off and it seems to make no difference

Comment

I read it somewhere on the net a long time ago while I was trying to get it running on the KyroII. CanĀ“t really remember where. I just thought it was so funny I never really forgot about it.

And yes, the demo looks awesome, looks like someone knew how to do nice water before the 3dfart pixel shader nature demo.

Comment

Actually, if you ask me IMO the water looks a lot better than the water in the nature demo...

Comment

lol thanks for the hint. i was trying to get the G400 tech demo to work on my G550. It didn't work. Thanks for the hint. gonna try the fairy trick right now

Comment

Working...
                              X