Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please recommend an 845 based mobo

Hi

I need a decent reliable mobo for my new server. It needs to be readily obtainable and on the Win2k HCL.

The rest of the system: 2.2G P4, 512MB DDR, 80Gig WD800JB, Parhelia, 18" TFT, Sony multiformat DVD recorder, On-Stream 60Gig ADR2 IDE etc.

TIA

Tony.
    FT.

MSI 845pe max2 fir! 533MHz fsb / ddr333 support onboard ide raid (promise) firewire, usb2, Gigabit lan, 6.1 digital soundcard! 3 year warranty!

edit: fixed # for 3 and added an r
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Thanks Guru
      That looks reaaly neat, costs £113, but I can't see anyone with any stock in the uk atm

Cheers.

Tony.
      FT.

Comment

Running a Gigabyte 845exp here and cant complain.

The Intel 7205 chipset has just been announced and have a few models from Gigabyte in the offering though - personally, I would not spend money on any new 845 just now - especially as the 7205 has just about been pronounced dead on arrival by Intel with 800M FSB iso 667 being the flavor of the month early next year.
        Last edited by LvR; 21 November 2002, 10:16.
        Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
          edit: fixed # for 3 and added an r
          Uh I did not do that!
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Make sure it's the 845PE or 845GE (intel extreme graphics) chipset - the newer one that can support CPUs past 3.0GHz.

Or wait for granite bay MoBos (E7205 chipset - dual DDR love) - they are lanched or will be real soon now.

Comment

Working...
            X