Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumb C++ compiling problem (C1853)

Hello,

I recently started getting this error in Visual C++ when compiling my project:
    fatal error C1853: 'Debug/myproject.pch' is not a precompiled header file created with this compiler

If I perform a "build clean", the file myproject.pch (fake name ) does not exist. Performing a "build all" works without errors. However, if I alter certain files, and then simply press "run", it should compile this file and run. But it gives this error instead. I can solve it by allways performing a build all, but it is time consuming.

Any thoughts on how I can solve this ? It only seems to happen with 2 files in the project (altering any of those 2 causes the problem).

Thanks !

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

J/K

What version of C++?

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

that would probably be Visual C++ .Net.

As far as precompiled headers go, i removed them from the configuration properties and deleted the files... never seen a reason to use them...
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Oops, I forgot to mention: it is Visual C++ 6.0

There is a C-file (headerfile with matching c file) that is included (using the extern "C" command), but it did compile properly (without the warning) after including that file.
        I think that C-file is the reason it *needs* a precompiled header.

Jorg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
        X