Matrox MJPEG in Power Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox MJPEG in Power Point

When I import video files into Power Point using the Matrox MJPEG, Power Point will pause for 5 to 10 seconds while it "thinks about" the video slide. This is a problem when I'm trying to give a smooth presentation.

Wkulecz wrote:

Your powerpoint delays sound like the slow Matrox hardware MJPEG codec initilazition.
    If your presentation machine is fairly new and doesn't have a Marvel, try using the PIC Video software MJPEG codec. It seems to play Marvel DMB1 captures very well for me on systems without the Marvel. If you have to use powerpoint on the machine with your Marvel, try the trick of first opening a small MJPEG AVI in media player then pause and minimize it. Then launch PP. Media player should "have" the hardware codec which is slow to init, forcing PP to use the software MJPEG decoder which seems to have more normal startup delays.

I used the PIC Video software MJPEG codec after capturing from AVI_IO in YUY2
    and was very happy with the quality.

I also tried opening a small Matrox MJPEG AVI in media player and paused the video. When I did this the Power Point video started right away - no pause, but there was no sound either.

I stopped the video in the media player and went back to Power Point. The video in Power Point then worked fine - sound as well. But . . . now in fast motion sequences there are horizontal lines. Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Todd

Config:

P3 733
    Soltek SL-65VF+ MB
    Via Apollo Pro133 VT82C693A chipset
    384 Mb RAM
    Maxtor 27 Gb Hard Drive ATA66 on primary IDE controller
    ASUS CD ROM ATA33 on secondary IDE controller
    Win98SE
    Matrox Millennium G400 Max Dual Head - English - AGP
    Matrox RR G series - PCI