Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For G200, which version of Ulead MSP to buy, 5.2 or 6.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For G200, which version of Ulead MSP to buy, 5.2 or 6.0?

I'm through trying to print to video from Premiere 5.1. All the posts on the topic suggest using Media Studio Pro instead so that's what I'm gonna do. I noticed in one of the posts that there might be problems using version 6; problems similar to those with Premiere. I want to avoid any more problems; I'm not code-cutter and I'm not up to fiddling around with system.ini's and such, I just want to get on with making videos. Would I be better off with version 5.2?

Thanks.
    Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

MSP 6.0 works fine with Marvel G-200

------------------
    Brian (the terrible)
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Along the line of this topic:

Is there any reason to upgrade to MSPro 6.0 from version 5.2? My needs are basic editing with output (For the most part) going to tape for distribution. Is 6.0 noticeably faster at rendering?

I am still living in the analogue world and don't plan to move to digital anytime soon so I don't need the DV/firewire functions of Ver 6.0
      Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

There are more mundane reasons to go with 6.0. One of the more useful ones is that the built-in titler now does slow rolls. 5.2's lowest speed could give one a seizure

The new layout I find increases productivity and the updated smartrender and ripple editing are handy. Having full time preview and source windows is icing on the cake. Then there is also the improved MPEG editing support as well. 5.2's MPEG's renderd very slowly.

Also there are improvements in Video Paint and CGI that make them worthy improvements.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 07 August 2000).]

Comment

Working...
        X