No announcement yet.

E-mail client with good spam filters???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mail client with good spam filters???

What do you guys use, or recommend?

It has to be either a piece of software that will "integrate" to my mail client (outlook express or the one that comes with Mozilla), or another seperate client program!

There are tons of programs that allow you to connect to your mail server and delete mail there before you download it. But I don't want that, since that way I will still have to look at the damn things.

Ultimately I'd want a filter that says "if it's not from someone in my contact list, then I don't want to see it"?

Any suggestions?
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

I've been using Cloudmark's Spamnet program to filter out spam. Whats nice is that yes it deletes Spam as it comes in, but puts it into a spam folder that you can go through and unblock whatever you want to recieve.

Page Not Found Sorry, the page you requested was not found.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

The upcoming Mozilla 1.3 supposedly has built-in Bayesian spam-filters, but it's still very alpha, and its projected final release is a long way off (February IIRC).

Edit: it's --> its - I'm my own punctuation nazi.
      Last edited by Ribbit; 20 November 2002, 10:06.
      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

What's your ISP? Since you're from denmark, if it is TDC then you can enable their global spam-filter using their online webmail (http://mail.tdconline.dk/), and make your own 100 spamrules.

Not perfect, but it helps.
        Why would I send my pants to New Jersey?

Comment

I use CyberCity... but who knows, they may have something similar! Think I'll check up on that!
          If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

try mailwasher, it can bounce emails so the spammer thinks your email is dead. blacklists, spamrules, etc. are supported too.

edit: omg, i can't believe i wrote smapper instead of spammer...
            Last edited by P5ycho; 20 November 2002, 12:14.

Comment

Working...
            X