Dungeon Siege+R9700 FSAA not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dungeon Siege+R9700 FSAA not working.

I have a problem, I can't get DS to work with FSAA. Even when I force it in the drivers. As some people here use the 9700, they may have encountered the same issue. I have tried 4 driver revisions(6166, 6193, 6228 and now the latest official 6200c) to no avail. I have patched the game with the latest available patch. The game works but it runs only without AA, and as this game bennefits tremendously from AA it's quite annoying that it doesn't work. I use W2K BTW.

I now that I maybe should post this at Rage3d, but those airheads overthere haven't got anything but 3dmark on their minds.

Thanks for reading this.

I had a problem with RTCW and fsaa and that it didn't like it being maxed out. Fixed in the newer drivers but as the map first loads the screen is still corrupted. Have you tried a lower setting???
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yes I tried all the different AA settings, fiddled with resolutions(did not try 16bit as the Radeon doesn't do AA at that colordepth) and I don't really know what to do.

Comment

Email Ati and watch it disappear into a black hole. Wait for the next driver release or the next the next.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Better to just bump the res to 1600x1200 then, by adding the following command line: nointro=true width=1600 height=1200
          Last edited by Novdid; 20 November 2002, 06:00.

Comment

One thing I haven't tried is the game gamma. It's been broken for yonks I wonder if they've fixed. I've also noticed that under winxp the drivers are using the incorrect monitor drivers for my LCD. So they still haven't fixed that.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Novdid, did you try forcing Dungeon Siege into 32Bit mode?
              Something like "width=1600 height=1200 depth=32" in the commandline.

Ths seems not to be a common problem. The only thing I could find about it was that someone had this problem with the 1.1 patch, but not with the version 1.0 of Dungeon Siege
              Last edited by Indiana; 20 November 2002, 06:47.
              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
              My System
              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
              German ATI-forum

Comment

I'll give it a try!

Comment

I was fiddling around with the system_detail.gas file located in the install directory, and changed the shadowmap size from 64 to 256. You do not believe what difference it made, and performance is magnificent. My old R7500 choked when I enabled shadowmaps at the default setting, but my 9700 just chugs happily away!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X