Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Barton to use 200Mhz FSB

form anandtech

Today AMD announced the name of their ClawHammer processor - Athlon XP 64. At the same keynote they had nForce2 motherboards running with a 400MHz FSB. We just received confirmation (although AMD won't announce it until much later) that Barton will be shipping with a 400MHz FSB and the performance boost from the new FSB is pretty healthy.

ooh babay I want one...nah I'll have 2

I can't wait for the benchmarks on this puppy!
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

mmmmm......would be fun to see how the RT.X100 does on that thing @2ghz. Would also be cool to see how something else that's loaded into the beta system would work as well...but that's another story

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

is that storage or video?

Comment

Intel goes ouch.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well, I guess this is the response from AMD concerning the recent rumour(or fact???) that Intel is skipping a 166MHz bus and are jumping right up to 200.

Comment

There will be interesting times ahead
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Do you think we'll see MPX2 200FSB capable chipset and boards for BartonMPs

Comment

However this means the Microshaft can release an even bugger bloated version of windoze and hide it behind the faster processor.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

AMD has been criticized for pushing 64-bit technology on the desktop because, as Intel and others have argued, there is little need for such high-powered technology.

But Ruiz showed off a version of Epic Games' Unreal Tournament 2003 that takes advantage of the new processor. Epic said the game was reprogrammed in about a week to take advantage of the 64-bit processor.
                    AMD Exec Ruiz Unveils New Strategy
                    Last edited by Admiral; 20 November 2002, 04:06.

Comment

Hmm can you say New PC end of next year or start of 2004 for me

Damn AMD stock is under $6 bucks a pop...shit I need some money to buy some stock...I bet it will be 3x that amount this time next year if the Athlon 64 takes off

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by GT98

Damn AMD stock is under $6 bucks a pop...shit I need some money to buy some stock...I bet it will be 3x that amount this time next year if the Athlon 64 takes off

Good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
                          Do you think we'll see MPX2 200FSB capable chipset and boards for BartonMPs
                          Someone on these forums told me that AMD does have plans for a new/revised MPX chipset. Cross your fingers.

But I thought DDR400 was never going to be formally ratified. (Yes, I know there are modules available, but my point is there's no definitive standard.) Will it do much good to run a 400MHz FSB with 333MHz memory?
                          Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbit

Will it do much good to run a 400MHz FSB with 333MHz memory?
                            If it's DualChannel, yes...
                            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                            My System
                            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                            German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by GT98

Is it possbile to but stock online?

Comment

Working...
                              X