Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT2500 Matrox Video Tools HEADACHE PROBLEM

Hi,

I have what I believe that by now is a common problem installing the Matrox Video Tools in my new computer. The problem I have is the same some people had a while ago (i.e. http://forum.matrox.com/rt2000/Forum22/HTML/000463.html or http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php...645#post231645) but I haven't been able to fix it.

My computer:

Windows XP
    1GB RAM
    P4, 2.5G.

I have installed the Matrox drivers but when I try to install the Matrox Video Tools, I get the famouse message saying that I have to remove a previous version. My computer is new and I do not have any previous version installed. I have uninstall all my video software (mainly Pinnacle applications) just in case one of them had a video coder that was conflicting. NO LUCK!

The only thing I have installed in my computer now is Premiere. What should I do? Any ideas? Someone pointed out to uninstall PIC Video MJPEG codec but I have checked my system and I do not seem to have those drivers loaded. I checked my video codecs drivers. Is there any other way to check that and if there is, how i can unistall that?

I have tried to call Matrox support but I nearly died waiting and in the end I got a voice mail

Any help will be much appreciated and sorry if this issue has been already addressed. I have searched the forums and I couldn't find out the answer that shows you the steps to follow in order to fix this problem.

Best regards,

Alexis

One more reason for the recommendations in this thread;

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

still I don;t want to change now to Win2k just because of this problem as I believe that the OS has nothing to do with it. Many people had the same problem as I do using Win2K. Now, would be great to know what was the miracle fix to this problem. Any saviors?

Comment

You said "I have uninstall all my video software (mainly Pinnacle applications)" which would imply that this is not a fresh INSTALL of the XP OS. Might wanna format your hard drive and start from scratch.

Ted
        Premiere PRO XP Pro
        Asus P4s533
        P4-2.8
        Matrox G450
        RT.x100
        45 GIG System Drive
        120 Export Drive
        Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
        Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
        17" P4-3 HT
        1024 RAM
        32 MEG GForce
        60 GIG 7200RPM HD
        80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
        DVD RW/RAM

Comment

is there any way around instead of formatting the hard disk? I can;t believe that this is the only solution???

Comment

There is always another way....but when you add up the time spent chasing problems, and maybe not getting anywhere, reformatting is not quite as hard as you might think.

Reformatting is NO guarantee of success either, it just eliminates a lot of possibilities.

Whenever I get a good setup and config going with any of my editing computers, I use Drive Image to back it up, so I can return to it fairly quickly - sometimes the "straw that broke the camels back" is something you would never suspect - ex...virus software, sound card driver, internet utility, game, or hardware...etc...

I have found that virtually nothing completely uninstalls....including the infamous "uninstaller" utilities.

At any rate, the tech support people should be better able to help you with a fresh OS install.

good luck (sounds like you will need it)

ted
            Premiere PRO XP Pro
            Asus P4s533
            P4-2.8
            Matrox G450
            RT.x100
            45 GIG System Drive
            120 Export Drive
            Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
            Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
            17" P4-3 HT
            1024 RAM
            32 MEG GForce
            60 GIG 7200RPM HD
            80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
            DVD RW/RAM

Comment

Thanks Ted for your reply, I understand your point. I still hope that whoever had the same problem I have, will be able to tell me the resolutions without installing the system. Re-install will not teach me how to solve this problem, will just give me a way around it, of course a very painful way around it. Therefore, I won't to find out how to fix this problem without re-installing.

Does anybody at Matrox know how to fix this problem? I am not the only customer that had the same nightmare trying to get the RT2500 working. I follow all the Matrox instructions, step by step and I got into this problem. Mmmm, should I have getting the Pinnacle DV500 instead? GRRR!, helpppppppppppppppppp???

Comment

Problem Solved

Kk everyone, I though about posting my comments here on the resolution of the problem I had. After several reboots and attempts to uninstall all my video coders, I couldn't get the MVT to install. I had all the time that annoying message saying that I needed to get rid off a previous version. <b><font size="+3" color="red">???</font></b> Very funny Matrox people!, my computer is new so how possible I could have a previous version installed? Anyway, a tip to the Matrox developers: change the annoying message to something that makes more sense such as: <b><font size="2" color="red">Ooops! Sorry the software won't install. Re-install your OS to fix it and don't waist time trying to find a fix that will never come. ">???</font></b>

So my resolution as some of you already suggested was obviously re-install XP. I hate to re-install as it takes time and time means money. But anyway, bottom line is that works now and that's the important thing. When switching my DV cam to capture some film using a DV-1394 I received a message saying that it did found another device on my system. I had everything installed already correctly. For any of you that may see this message in the future, do not panic. Just switch off and on the cam, re-install the DVConnect for XP again and your computer will recognize the firewire cable.

Thanks to those that replied to my message.

Regards,

A.

Comment

Working...
                X