Networking question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Networking question

Ok I have a question I have a group of PCs that use Netbui(program we are using requires using this) on a Microsoft P2P network that needs to talk to another group of PCs on a remote LAN. Any suggestions?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Well, since NetBeui can't be routed, I'd recommend installing TCP/IP along side it and using that for remote communications. And while NetBeui is nice cause you don't have to set anything up, it's a horridly inefficient protocol, I personally can't stand it, way to much load on the switches IMNSHO. But you can run more than one protocol on your network and solve your problems that way.

Comment

Thanks for the answer, I was talking to our Network guy and we where talking about the same thing, but the program design is out of our hands right now. Maybe I'll bitch to the guy whos in charge, but I doubt that will solve much since most sites use the program locally.

Comment

Thanks for the answer, I was talking to our Network guy and we where talking about the same thing, but the program design is out of our hands right now. Maybe I'll bitch to the guy whos in charge of the design of the program, but I doubt that will solve much since most sites use the program locally.

EDIT: Damnit how the hell did I quote myself?

Last edited by GT98; 19 November 2002, 12:48.

Comment

Yup, Ditch it if possible. TCP/IP can encapsulate it, but I don't recommend it. It does not work well, and is more of a hack then anything.
          "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

for some reason I think I remember getting around things in college using NetBIOS...

Comment

Working...
            X