Richard Harris Dead at 72

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Harris Dead at 72

This is old news but hadn't been mentioned here. I had read he was undergoing treatment but expected to recover. Sadly he did not. Looks like they will need a new Dumbledore for any new Harry Potter films.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Yeah, and the front runner for the new Dumbledore is...

Wait for it...

Christopher Lee.

Now, while I'm as big a fan of Lee as the next guy, he hardly seems to be ... jovial enough to be Dumbledore.

Ian McKellan would be a wonderful choice, but God only knows he's pretty damn busy lately.

Actually, fairly reliable sources say that Lee was the original first pick for Dumbledore, but was too busy with LOTR and SW2/3 to accept.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I'll second Ian McKellan. His performance as Magneto was far above average for a comic book bad-guy.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

If he was a foot or so taller, I'd say David Jason
        Or from the same series, Roger Lloyd-Pack, who also featured in The Vicar of Dibley and IIRC a couple of kids shows.
        Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

The trouble with Dumbledore (is that kinda like "The Trouble With Tribbles"?) is that he has to be stern at times, and very jovial at times. Richard Harris did this VERY well. McKellan would do it very well (see his Gandalf performance for a WONDERFUL example). Lee... I dunno. I've never seen him be anything but stern.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I donno. He had some pretty jovial moments in "The Man With The Golden Gun."

Kevin

Comment

hmm, i would go for Richard Attenborough

Rakido
              "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Mmm, THERE's a suggestion!

Kudos.

- Gurm

Comment

Working...
                X