DOS and XP experts: HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOS and XP experts: HELP!

i'm experiencing a strange error when i open the dosshell (cmd.exe) in XP. it says (roughly translated): command "0" was not found. also the same happens when i run an app compiled under cygwin or cygwin itself. what is this command 0?
    i believe there is some error (a lonely 0) in a file or registry or sth. that is executed before cmd.exe opens, but where is it?

HELP!
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

i figured out what it is yey
    i once run regedit and searched for autorun and set it all to 0, because although i had autorun disabled it somehow wasnt really disabled.
    little did i know that cmd.exe also has a variable called autorun, that runs a command when cmd.exe is started, and since i set autorun to 0 it search for the program 0

Comment

I feel your pain, I had the same problem.
      "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by thop
        i figured out what it is yey
        i once run regedit and searched for autorun and set it all to 0, because although i had autorun disabled it somehow wasnt really disabled.
        little did i know that cmd.exe also has a variable called autorun, that runs a command when cmd.exe is started, and since i set autorun to 0 it search for the program 0
        I'd often wondered if people who have little idea of what they're doing ever heeded Microsoft's warnings over editing the Registry. I guessed you confirmed that one
        Cheers, Reckless

Comment

Originally posted by Reckless
          I'd often wondered if people who have little idea of what they're doing ever heeded Microsoft's warnings over editing the Registry. I guessed you confirmed that one
          Who said I edited the Registry? I ran a program that said it would not work with autoplay enabled. This program modified it, and screwed up cmd.exe. I knew what I was doing so I was able to fix it, as was thop.

Assumptions...
          "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

i knew what i was doing, it is just that i was in a hurry

Comment

Originally posted by Byock

Assumptions...
              And you're assuming I quoted you....
              Cheers, Reckless

Comment

Working...
              X