GeForce FX is announced...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce FX is announced...

i think i hear the sound of ATI's engineers crying....

and Matrox's engineers leaving
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Only in Nvidias dreams

It is still only a FPS guzzler
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

wtf kind of cooling is that

There's a preview list at nVnews.

edit: to show the card with fan attached (62kb jpeg pic, so not that much to load)
      Last edited by Admiral; 19 November 2002, 08:32.

Comment

*that* is what Matrox should have used on the Parhelia...

Technoid - every chip they release is getting closer to the bar that Matrox set...
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

that thing is FUGLY (fecking ugly)! seems to be efficient though, hope its quiet.
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Click here for more detailed pictures of the card.

It is still only a FPS guzzler
            From what I've read the idea is that it has capabilities beyond what DX 9 allows, so there will be a great focus on OpenGL from now on to be able to exploit it.
            So there actually is a good thing about it.
            Last edited by Admiral; 19 November 2002, 08:36.

Comment

any one would think you were a bunch of matrox fanboys
              is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
              Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

damn... ATI and matrox are dead meat... it seems like GFFX also have very good 3d quality

edit: matrox should drop their june-releasing tradition right now and release the god &*(^ pitou... but it seems like the pitou is not even on par with GFFX now...

i also bet nV can easily integrate 256-bit DDRII wide bus... that will boost them to ~32GB of bandwidth.

p.s. the clock is crazy... core 500MHz and memory 1GHz (500MHz of DDRII)
                Last edited by Chrono_Wanderer; 18 November 2002, 13:05.

Comment

"It is still only a FPS guzzler"

In what respect? It does not have triple-head(wich might work better with a fps guzzler) but it excels any consummer card to date as far a rendering features.
                  Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

hmm yes just like ati and matrox were dead when geforce 3 came out, and nvid and matrox when radeon 8500, and nvidd and ati when parhelia and matox and nvid again with 9700. new products are released live with it.

Comment

imo when parhelia was launched, i was a bit disappointed.

Comment

even when it was announced(ie like geforce has just been?) it offered 2x ti24600 bandwidth clever faa and a whole host of dx 9 in a dx 8 age

Comment

i also bet nV can easily integrate 256-bit DDRII wide bus
                          I bet not. Bus operation is one of the first things that defines the core characteristics of a processor. Throwing extra data at something that is highly suboptimal at using it doesn't help very much. Kind of like dual-channel RAM on Athlons.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Okay,
                            I have read some of the preview over at [T]om's Hardness (server broke dpwn in the middle ) and I still think that it will primary be FPS geared....(because the Nvidiots will slam it if it does not beat anything at Q3 )

Sure, the demos look great but they always do that!

We'll see in a year or two of the games look as god

By then Nvidia is presenting NV50 aka GF FXIII
                            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by borat
                              hmm yes just like ati and matrox were dead when geforce 3 came out, and nvid and matrox when radeon 8500, and nvidd and ati when parhelia and matox and nvid again with 9700. new products are released live with it.
                              Hasn't Matrox been dead since the G400MAX came out?

Lemme go run for some cover LOl
                              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                              X