Shortening floppy drive cables???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortening floppy drive cables???

Don't really get why but I can connect up to 3 floppy drives on the cable I have, which also make it very long!

If I cut the cable off right after the first connector will it still work?
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Can't you just buy a new connector? They're not that expensive...
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

eYup... just make sure nothing shorts out (use clear fingernail polish (or similar) to seal the end)
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Can't you just buy a new connector? They're not that expensive
        sure, but this way I'd save a walk to the store
        Last edited by Chris B; 18 November 2002, 10:11.
        If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

If like me he's already got at least a half a dozen floppy cables
          At least

Well I'll try cutting it, and find a substitute for the nailpolish cause I'm all out of the clear one

Comment

Just grab a rounded floppy cable with a single conector. They run $5 or less.

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I always cut the extra 30cm of the floppycable
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Cut off the excess foot or so. Works like a charm!

Comment

Working...
                X