Nero problems, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero problems, need help!

Damn nero. I don't know what happened but Nero will no longer install or un-install or even work properly anymore.

The image below is the error I get when trying to run the application. And when I try to uninstall or re-install or even UPDATE the application I get the following error: "INSTALLER ERROR The executable file has been corrupted." But see, it gives me this error even when trying to install the updated version I just downloaded (Nero55917.exe).

I don't know how to get it to work anymore. I even removed all entries for "nero" from the registry but I still get the same errors when trying to re-install it.

Damn, it was working fine yesterday. And there are no viruses on my system. (I cannot do a system restore, after I installed XP on my system I disabled it)

Anybody have any suggestions or does anybody know why this happened?
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

delete the ahead/nero directory in your program fiules directory.
    look for any ahead/nero stuff in your "document and setting" directories.

and then try regclean(not the MS one) to clear out the ahead/nero entries.

then try to reinstall

Comment

Re: Nero problems, need help!

Originally posted by ZokesPro
      Damn nero. I don't know what happened but Nero will no longer install or un-install or even work properly anymore.

The image below is the error I get when trying to run the application. And when I try to uninstall or re-install or even UPDATE the application I get the following error: "INSTALLER ERROR The executable file has been corrupted." But see, it gives me this error even when trying to install the updated version I just downloaded (Nero55917.exe).

I don't know how to get it to work anymore. I even removed all entries for "nero" from the registry but I still get the same errors when trying to re-install it.

Damn, it was working fine yesterday. And there are no viruses on my system. (I cannot do a system restore, after I installed XP on my system I disabled it)

Anybody have any suggestions or does anybody know why this happened?
      Are you sure the installer is good? (Does the byte size match what is on the Ahead FTP site?) Can you unpack the file with WinZip?
      MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

Well, I could give regclean a try but there seem to be no trace left of it installed on my system at all.

And as for the file, it matches perfectly.

Maybe I do have a virus? I'll run that one too!

Comment

Re: Re: Nero problems, need help!

Originally posted by William

Are you sure the installer is good? (Does the byte size match what is on the Ahead FTP site?) Can you unpack the file with WinZip?
          No I can't. I tried opening it with WinZip but it says to run the executable instead.

Comment

I figured out the problem and you won't beleive it. it was because my CPU was at 900Mhz with FSB at 100MHz instead of 1.333 fsb at 133.

Weird isn't it?

Comment

Weird isn't it?
              do you mean that you didn't know you were underclocking your cpu?

Comment

Well I had reset it previously and hadn't re-checked it since. So yeah, I didn't know.

Silly me.

Comment

Why should the cpu speed effect Nero and the installer. Me thinks something else is lurking there like duff memory.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                    Why should the cpu speed effect Nero and the installer. Me thinks something else is lurking there like duff memory.
                    I've had many problem in the past with faulty RAM, but I doubt that my one month old stick of Crucial PC133 is at fault. Besides, the problem is fixed now and my system runs solid. But if I do start to see some wierd errors again I'll run some more tests. So I'll keep what you said in mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X