Oh no.....Geforce FX is coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no.....Geforce FX is coming!

Yep Boys and Girls is offical the NV30 is called the Geforce FX..anyone else think the name is getting a bit old hat?

Graphics chipmaker Nvidia Corp. (NVDA) plans to unveil its latest line of chips on Monday. Nvidia says its new GeForce FX chips will bring to home video games the same level of animation in today's Hollywood movies. The company's earlier chips were part of the technology used to make "Shrek" and "Monsters Inc." "We've been trying to bring 3-D graphics to the mass market," said Mike Hara, Nvidia vice president of investor relations. "We're moving at a rapid rate toward enabling people to do on a PC what people are able to do in cinema today."
    off www.Shacknews.com

Oh and it doesnt hit the market till February....I smell a DDR2 R9700 soon....comeon M get that Pituo out!
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Some Specs...for now till the offical PR

0.13 micron

400+Mhz Core

125 millions of transistors

AGP 8X

DDR II memory running at 500MHz or 1GHz effective (fastest memory used so far)

8 pipelines and 2 TMUs (one more than ATI)

Render 16 textures per pass 200 million triangles per second (most efficient architecture)

1GHz data rate plus Lightspeed Memory Architecture 3 reach an amazing 48 GB/s (double what the Radeon 9700 PRO can do with its DDR 256 bit memory)

128 bit memory this time and 256 bit DDR II for future designs

FSAA 8X now and anisotropic filtering will go up to 128 tap anisotropic filtering

Higher precision 64 and 128 bit colour which is "film-quality color precision

CineFX engine for cinematic rendering

Support for DirectX 9 and even beyond

20000 to 22000 3dmarks 2001 SE on the fastest processors and 2.5 times faster in quake 3 than TI 4600, 3.5 times faster in Doom 3, and three times faster than 3dmark 2001 SE

About 30 per cent faster than Radeon 9700 PRO in FSAA, Anisotropic filtering is set for maximum settings
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

looks like a winner to me if the price is alright and the image quality decent (and all what you posted true). yeah i know this is probably not going to happen but i'll give them a chance.
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

And the video quality will still suck arse!

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

And 2D will be fuzzy
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

20000 to 22000 3dmarks 2001 SE on the fastest processors... and three times faster than 3dmark 2001 SE
            I get 12000+ on a P4a 1.8GHz @ 2.4GHz with a 64MB Ti 4200 so I guess that it should get ~ 45000 nVidiot marks on a 3GHz+ cpu!

Oh and to Technoid and Jammrock the 2d is actualy quite good on my Gainward Golden Sample in 1600x1200x32 @ 100Hz!
            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

golden sample...isn't that what you give to your doctor...

Comment

and look at the size of the heat extraction thingy, i don't know......
                Fyrespray

http://www.ukgamer.com
                http://www.ukgamer.com/columns.php3?author=9

Comment

Heh, any card that has its own slot cooler is gonna have problems...
                  System Specs:
                  Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                  May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                  Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                  And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                  just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                  For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Wait till they give it its own power supply

Oh wait a min thats been done before hasn't it, 3DFX anyone ..........
                    Fyrespray

http://www.ukgamer.com
                    http://www.ukgamer.com/columns.php3?author=9

Comment

Yeah. At first I thought it was silly, but I've warmed up to the idea. After seeing plenty of oddities caused by power problems, and even resonance from the CPU causing the the PS to shut down, guaranteeing your own clean power signal certainly seems to offer a solution.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                        Some Specs...for now till the offical PR

8 pipelines and 2 TMUs (one more than ATI)

Almost right, pity it only has 1 TMU per pipe though. I thought that was a given (the 2 TMUs I mean).

Ali

Comment

I don't expect many chips in the future to have more than 1TMU/pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Fyrespray
                            Wait till they give it its own power supply

Oh wait a min thats been done before hasn't it, 3DFX anyone ..........
                            ...and they're doing it again...

Comment

Have you seen the fairy somewhere before?

Last edited by UtwigMU; 19 November 2002, 02:46.

Comment

Working...
                              X