Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for decent sound card needed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for decent sound card needed....

I"m looking to get a new sound card for my system. Right now I have a $30 Philips PCI card and I'm wondering how much of a resource hog it is. Some of the problems I have include:[list=1][*]Quicktime audio playback is "jittery" (such as when using Premiere or watching a MOV file[*]When I play CastleWolfenstein, the sound lags by almost a full second behind the action[*]In Max Payne, some of the background music is jittery, while sometimes the character speech gets cut off.[/list=1]
    I've tried re-installing Quicktime and DirectX, but that hasn't helped. video card is now a nVidia Ti4200 - quite happy with it.

What OS are you running?
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Win2K, sp2

Comment

First things first, have you updated the sound card drivers? (if there are any)

Comment

Doh!

Silly me....

I thought I had uninstalled Total Recorder a while back. But, I did not...a quick un-install took it out and presto, all is good again.

Thanks anyway, ZokesPro.

BTW, I stared at your previous avatar (with the happy, bouncy nymph) for about 15 minutes before posting.

Comment

I'm glad to be of help!

BTW, I'll be putting the happy bouncy nymph back on monday, I'm just running an avatar experiment for now, so fear not, she will be back!

Comment

Working...
            X