TnL software emu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TnL software emu?

OK, here goes: I have a G400 and was thinking of something cheap, with good IQ and something that have TnL (knowing that game will display"TnL required" text messege really pisses me off sometimes, especially when the graphic of the game isn't something that my computer can't handle in software)...

But recently I've found this: 3D-Analyze v1.63 . Can someone with game that requires TnL and card without it check this?

Maybe this is true...go to the main site http://www.tommti-systems.de/start.html and read "Kyro und Battlefield 1942" (on the right side). From what I know, Battlefield requires TnL, wchich Kyro lacks...

yes it works, was already discussed in some threads in Matrox Gaming here. i believe the most recent game that we talked about concerning this was NOLF2. guess a search will show sth. up.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

yea it works. i was playing nolf2 demo with my g550 using it, still with nice speed... i am a happy matrox user

thx Nowhere btw... new 3d analyze version (1.63) up today... gonna see what improvements are inside... perhaps real software pixel shader emulation (i.e. everything done on cpu then)??? let's all dream

Comment

wow they now can emulate cube map!!!! gonna try it with my g550!!!!

Comment

Wow, then all I need is a massive CPU and my Matrox card
          "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Software Pixel shaders

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
            yea it works. i was playing nolf2 demo with my g550 using it, still with nice speed... i am a happy matrox user

thx Nowhere btw... new 3d analyze version (1.63) up today... gonna see what improvements are inside... perhaps real software pixel shader emulation (i.e. everything done on cpu then)??? let's all dream
            Pixel shaders cannot be done in software without moving the entire graphics pipeline into software.

Its the same as asking for texturing in software.
            80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Re: Software Pixel shaders

Originally posted by rugger

Pixel shaders cannot be done in software without moving the entire graphics pipeline into software.

Its the same as asking for texturing in software.
              lol that's exactly what i meant lol.

so by doing so i can have a longer lasting card

edit: a conversation:

friend: wow. nice 3d. you must have paid big bucks for this.
              me: no...
              friend: what chip are u using?
              me: Pentium 4
              Last edited by Chrono_Wanderer; 16 November 2002, 10:54.

Comment

Working...
              X