Intel Pentium 4-3.06 GHz Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Pentium 4-3.06 GHz Review

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

More!

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

i finally figure out why it acts like two processors! don't believe the HT hype. it's because it is priced like 2!
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

does anyone know if you have to do a clean install of xp if you've got that 3GHz cpu & a HT capable m/board or can you just move an old install of xp to the new board & HT will automatically be implemented?

Comment

Looking thru those charts, I can't help but notice that the AthlonXP/nforce2 combo performs extremely well, with only 256kb cache. The P4's are just to expensive, and I don't mean just the CPU.

It seems that when Barton hits it's time for an upgrade, I need a better CPU/MB combo to pair with this Radeon.

Comment

I definitely want one of those nForce II boards.

I will populate it with 2x512meg 2cas DDR I think
            80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

WOooooOO 700 dollars! F me!!!
              P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
              Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
              And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

I had the same thought flying around in my head when I saw the price!!!

Comment

told you so
                  no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

There are only 3 ways an Intel chip will make it back into my system:

1) I become rich.

2) AMD leaves the processor market.

3) I win one.

Sure you can get a l33t fast Intel chip, but for the same price as the Intel chip, mobo and RAM, you can buy almost a complete AMD system. And although the Intel will pump out 5000 fps in Quake 3, I think I can live with my 3k fps on my AMD system

Jammrock
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Comment

Better stock up on those AMD processors now.......

SAN JOSE, Calif. (CBS.MW) -- Advanced Micro Devices followed through with its promise to cut jobs by announcing on Thursday that it will eliminate 2,000 positions, or 15 percent of its workforce.
                        Paul
                        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                          There are only 3 ways an Intel chip will make it back into my system:

1) I become rich.

2) AMD leaves the processor market.

3) I win one.

Sure you can get a l33t fast Intel chip, but for the same price as the Intel chip, mobo and RAM, you can buy almost a complete AMD system. And although the Intel will pump out 5000 fps in Quake 3, I think I can live with my 3k fps on my AMD system

Jammrock
                          Memory price will be the same since they both use DDR, motherboard (with similar feature sets) are priced within 5% of one another, and there is almost no price difference in the mid to high-end. (The only difference being the flagship models)

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM
                            Better stock up on those AMD processors now.......
                            What about the plans to get AMD processors in MACs ?
                            Plus, AMD CPUs will always be cheaper.
                            And let's not forget the Paladium DRM thing, how many people will buy it ? it might just be the thing that allows AMD to catch up ?

Comment

AMD has been "up there" in home PCs in Europe for some time afaik.

Where they are NOT is in yer average office PC - the things just run too hot and require mucho fans. P4's can be kept nice and cool without any appreciable noise. Athlons can't, at least cheaply.

I can't imagine what an office filled with PCs with 7k rpm fans would be like!
                              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                              X