Ebay/Paypal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay/Paypal Question

Ok back in September I won an Santa Cruz Sound card off ebay. I sent the guy money via my Credit card through paypal. The guy gave me a song and a dance in all of October with the last email from him on October 25...one month after the Auction. I went to place a complant to Paypal last week, but they only cover 30 days after the auction and suggest going to the Auction site when you have problems. The thing is that the user is now unregistered with Ebay, so that isn't going to help anything.

So my question is this...should I just contact my Credit Card company and get my refund or should I contact Ebay and see what they can do about it? I couldnt really find a good answer on the Ebay site about this situtation.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I'd say - do both.

Comment

My wife had a similar problem with paypal, the seller (an online gaming card store) said the goods would take 3-4 weeks to come from the US and when nothing showed up she was fobbed off with excuses about being out of stock. By the time it was clear she was never going to see the goods Paypal were no longer interested in complaints because of their 30 day clause. After months of hassling the guy he said he'd issue a refund through PayPal and wanted nothing more to do with her (no problem there- she wouldn't order anything from him ever again). Of course, said refund never materialised.

Dave
      Don't make me angry...

Comment

no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Yes, PayPal is the devil.

There are class action suits against them in several states. They're basically an uninsured, unregistered, unlicensed BANK. Attourneys General take a dim view of such entities, and PayPal is barred from doing business in at least one state entirely.

Your recourse? If your CC company will refund you, do that. Ebay is not likely to be very helpful. Sadly, there is so much beauracracy (sp?) over there that nothing ever gets done except sending you nasty letters about your overdue bills. I've met the people who own it - nice folks. But their business organization is icky.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
          X