The movie: Jennin Jennin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The movie: Jennin Jennin

An Israeli-Arab director has made a movie called Jennin-Jennin in which he portrays the "massacre" of the city and it's people by the IDF.
    The movie is a huge success all over the world.

An Israeli doctor who served in Jennin during the operation wrote about the movie in a newspaper here.
    I tried to translate it as good as I can while pretending to work...

Dr. David Zengen / Maariv

I have watched the Mohammed Bakhri's movie "Jennin Jennin" in a limited forum with Jerusalem's sinematec director, Lia Van Leer and a few journalists.
    In the end of the movie, I responded to it and pointed one by one at the lies and half truths. One of the attendants responded with rage "If you don't accept the facts in the movie, you propably don't understand a thing and how can you be a doctor at all ?". For a moment there I forgot I've actually been in Jennin last april, then served as the doctor of the brigade and that dignified viewer was at most fed ith roumors. Bakhri weaves together lies and half truths with such a skill that it becomes very hard not to be tempted by the distorted picture he creates.

I couldn't convince the sinematec's management to cancle the movie. I've been told that the pictures of ruined houses were authentic so there is truth in the movie and besides, the movie will be seen all over the world.
    I was still invited for the premiere in Jerusalem and have arrived so I could explain my stand to the audience. Here are some points I wanted to share with the audience:

1. The Jennin's hospital director, Dr. Abu Rally, claims in the movie that the west wing of the hospital has been mombarded and destroyed and that the IDF (Israel Defence Force) has intentionally damaged water and electricity supply to the hospital. Well, such wing has never existed and no part of the hospital wasn't bombed or bombarded. The IDF soldiers never entered that defined area even though we knew it harbored some wanter terrorists. Water, electricity and oxygen supply to the hospital has been kept during the fighting and the IDF has helped with an emergency generator when the electricity supply of the city has been hurt. Bakhri himself is seen in the movie wandering through the clean and well maintained halls of the hospital but not in the bombarded wing. I have met him outside the cinema and asked whether he has visited the bombarded wing. At first he said no, and immediately corrected, "wait a minte, you remember the broken glass in the movie - it's from there". It's important to point out that this Abu Rally is one of the "trusted sources" in the claim of a "massacre". In the beginning of the operation he has been interviewed by the Al-Jesira network and talked about "thousands of casualties".

2. Another impressing part is an interview with a Jennin citizen, 75 years old crying and telling that he was pulle dout of his bed in the middle of the night, shor in his hand and after not being able to comply with the soldiers order to stand up, shot again at his foot. I have met that same old man when brought to me after crearing one of the houses of the Hamas forces in the refugee camp. He was slightly injured in his hand and had a scratch on his foot (absolutely not a bullet). The IDF soldiers have taken him to a secured station for taking care of the wounded where he was attended also by myself. One of the military doctors has identified a heart problem. We have suggested to take him to the "valley" hospital in Afula for treatment but he asked to be treated in the Jennin hospital since he doesn't speak Hebrew. After they refused to accept him we transferred him to the Afula Hospital where he remained for 3 days to treat his heart condition and anemia which he suffered from due of another chronic illness.

3. A person interviewed tells about a baby shot by a rifle bullet in the chest opening alarge hole in his back. According to the movie the baby died after the soldiers woudn't allow him to be evacuated to a hospital. Such a baby body has never been found. More than that, if such a wound has existed, it would have proven fatal and evacuation to a hospital wouldn't have saved his life. What is the name of this baby ? Where has his body disappeared ?

4. That same person tells how with his own finger he has "opened" a child an air passage through his neck after he was hit. Again, a total lie. Such an operation cannot be done with a finger. This "withness" tells also about people run over by tanks again and again till they were totally crushed. Never happend.

5. The movied mentions mass graves that the IDF dug for the Palestinian casualties. All international organisations inverstigating the subject has agreed that in Jennin there were only 52 Palestinian casualties and all bodies were transferred to the Palestinians for burial. Bakhri doesn't bother pointing out where those alleged moss graves are.

6. In the movie, they mention Israeli airplanes bombing the city. Never been any. To minimise civilian casualties only focused fire has been used by helicopters.

7. I should also mention that Bakhri wasn't there during the operation as has arrived to the area 2 weeks after. In the pictures he took, the center of the city is shown in ruins in a such a way that it seems much larger that it actually is and from the houses walls, all the Jihad graffities and Martyr pictures are missing (there were plenty of those during the operation).
    The movie has also manipulatively used Tank pictures taken in other places and places them with pictures of Palestinian children.

As a rule of thumb, it is nothing but a vulgar manipulation even though well done.

never heard of the movie. when a jew makes a movie, some radical muslim will also jump up and down and pretend it's all lies.
    Last edited by thop; 13 November 2002, 05:27.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Even Amnesty International, who has been very vocal againist Israel in the past, has come out and said that the so called 'Jennin Massacre' was nothing more than a propoganda lie.

Joel
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

i didn't say that it's not propaganda. actually i dont except anything but propagand from radical muslims.

but radical jews also spread their propaganda. so why even post this. i could quote one of the board philosophers most famous quote (sth. with provoking reactions)

Comment

I posted it because this movie is becoming very known worldwide.
          It's getting prizes in cinema festivals all over the world and causes great empathy towards the Palestinians.
          This movie has the potential of becoming the tool for many anti-israelis and anti-semits in the years to come as this movie portrays the IDF as worse than the third Reich's wehrmacht.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbert
            I posted it because this movie is becoming very known worldwide.
            It's getting prizes in cinema festivals all over the world and causes great empathy towards the Palestinians.
            This movie has the potential of becoming the tool for many anti-israelis and anti-semits in the years to come as this movie portrays the IDF as worse than the third Reich's wehrmacht.
            Of course it gets awards.. most "film people" today are weepy over-emotional bleeding heart liberals whose combined brain activity wouldn't show up on the most sensitive EEG.

Comment

i knew that when some liberal bashing is going on, KvH must be around the corner!

Comment

KvH admit it you are a liberal deep down

Comment

As someone has pointed out a British military expert David Holley, who works for Amnesty International stated that, in his opinion, there wasn't a massace.

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/1957862.stm>

Bascially, from what David Holley stated in that article, there weren't enough people killed for it to be considered a "massacre" and there wasn't "wholesale killing".

David Holley did state that there were crimes committed by the IDF during the operation such as blocking medical services and cutting off water and electricity.

Comment

You mean... that Western News Media Outlets are... *GASP* BIASED TOWARDS THE PALESTINIANS!

OH MY GOD!

THIS HAS RUINED MY WORLDVIEW!

NOT.

A couple weeks back, just after my parents got in from Israel, I got an online message from a friend - major bomb had gone off in Israel, suspected terrorist involvement.

Now, my mom confirmed that it had destroyed most of the mall that they frequent when they are there - in fact, 24 hours prior to the bomb going off, my dad was getting his hair cut in what would become the epicenter of the blast. Their friends, who live ABOVE the mall, all made it out ok, although it took them some 8 hours to find all of their kids... the 6-year-old got lost and they had to locate him by cell-phone signal.

Now, I spent a WEEK watching the newswires. Not so much as a mention, despite the massive amount of deaths and the fact that it was claimed by Islamic Jihad.

But we're biased towards Israel, right? RIGHT?

- Gurm
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

dunno how it's in the US but it gets equal coverage here (israeli trops marching into palestinian territory / palestinian terror).

Comment

Thop,

This bomb blast wasn't mentioned in ANY newswires. Not AP, not Reuters, not BBC.

- Gurm
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

what week was that?

Comment

Erm, about 2 weeks ago now I think?

- Gurm

Comment

at the gas station in ariel? 27.10?

Comment

Working...
                              X