Ulead DVD Workshop Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulead DVD Workshop Question

I renedered my project in tmpeg, and imported the footage into DVD workshop, but it wants to rerender at the end. How can I get it to not rerender when I select make disc? I shouldn't have to use a template. When I let it rerender as it wanted, it through the audio sync off on the burned disk. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Prospero

I don't know what kind of MPEG render you are doing before you put the file into DVD WS, but try not rendering it - just put the raw file into DVD WS and let it render it out for you.

Otherwise, check Ulead's Site and the Help files, rendering an MPEG can be avoided, but DVD WS does a very nice job...so why bother?

Ted
    Premiere PRO XP Pro
    Asus P4s533
    P4-2.8
    Matrox G450
    RT.x100
    45 GIG System Drive
    120 Export Drive
    Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
    17" P4-3 HT
    1024 RAM
    32 MEG GForce
    60 GIG 7200RPM HD
    80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
    DVD RW/RAM

Comment

I'm happier with the results of tmpeg than the internal encoder, but I'm burning a new one now, off the internal. I'll have to play around with some other software packages. The big problem I keep running into, is they all have difficulties, with segmented AVIs. I can frame serve pretty easilty to tmpeg with virtualdub. Either my scripting skills are off, or avisynth doesn't play well with authoring packages either.

Comment

I'm not sure about DVD but with SVCD if go to Make Disk > Customize >Compression > set compression to 2700 and click OK.

What this is doing is setting the compression to higher than the SVCD compression. It does not re-render the project. this may also work with DVD if you set the compression to greater than the project compression..
        paulw

Comment

What this is doing is setting the compression to higher than the SVCD compression. It does not re-render the project. this may also work with DVD if you set the compression to greater than the project compression..
          It seems to have worked, at least well enough. It went rapidly through the first 50% of preparing the video, then had to render. I'm not sure what that represents, but it didn't have the audio synch problems the previous re-render did. Thanks.

Comment

I've noticed some strange behavior regarding rerendering in DVD Workshop. I generally encode using TMPGEnc using a variable bit rate with a maximum of 8000. When finishing up the project in DVD workshop if you select one of the standard presets, actually the highest quality one, with 8000, the project will NOT rerender.

So far so good, here's where it gets interesting. I encoded one file with a max bit rate of 10000. Of course selecting the 8000 template in DVD Workshop results in rerendering. But, creating a template with a 10000 bitrate also results in rerendering. What is stranger still is that if I use one of the files encoded with a max 8000 bitrate and create a custom template with a 8000, or higher bitrate, it will still rerender. For some reason only the preset template with a 8000 bitrate stops rerendering for me. Assuming, of course my file has a bitrate of 8000 or less.

I'm finally figuring out the rerendering logic behind DVD Workshop AND MS Pro.

BTW, I agree that TMPGEnc is substantially better than the MS Pro internal encoder, or DVD Workshop's encoder for that matter. Less macroblocking on motion sequences, and there is a certain "organic" quality and smoothness with the TMPGEnc encoder that I can't quite put my finger on. But I know it when I see it and it's doing something good.
            - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Another thing I noticed, is a slight pause between clips on playback. When I used the internal render function with segmented HuffYuv avi files, it paused (on playback) where the new files began. It was only a little blip, but still annoying. I don't get it when I use a single source file prerendered to mpeg2. Anyone experience the same thing? Thanks.

Prospero

Comment

Just finished a DVD with Premiere and DVD WS. I have DVD WS do all the rendering from DV to MPEG....the results were fantastic...that is, in my humble opinion.

P.S. My GL2 will be here next week...yippee...

Ted
                Premiere PRO XP Pro
                Asus P4s533
                P4-2.8
                Matrox G450
                RT.x100
                45 GIG System Drive
                120 Export Drive
                Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
                17" P4-3 HT
                1024 RAM
                32 MEG GForce
                60 GIG 7200RPM HD
                80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
                DVD RW/RAM

Comment

I just wanted to post a note...the DV I use is on one of 2 Matrox RT systems...and I believe, as Doc said, the way the RT's handle the DV can be a little higher quality picture than some DV systems.

Ted
                  Premiere PRO XP Pro
                  Asus P4s533
                  P4-2.8
                  Matrox G450
                  RT.x100
                  45 GIG System Drive
                  120 Export Drive
                  Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
                  17" P4-3 HT