Audigy problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audigy problem

I am having problems getting ANY audio with my new audigy card in windows XP Pro on my Asus A7V266. Heres what ive done so far:
    <li>installed basic audigy audio drivers from the CD and rebooted -- no sound.
    <li>installed the most recent drivers. from creative's website (from 10/26/2002). I have downloaded the 11/08/2002 drivers, but haven't installed them yet. I have tried to
    install different versions of the Audigy drivers, none of which worked.
    <li>reseated the audio card.
    <li>installed a live card in addition to the audigy card connecting my speakers to that card -- i got sound.
    <li>installed only the SBLive! card and got sound without a problem.
    <li>installed the most recent via 4in1 drivers from the viatech site.
    <li>removed all cards but my video and sound cards and still recieved no sound with my 3com card. as well as disabling the 3com drive before removing it from the computer.
    <li>used creative playcenter to play an MP3 and the only time i recieved any sound was when i configured my system to have 4 speakers, connected the speakers to the rear out jack. The sound i recieved was distorted.

All of these failed to provide any sound except for the one case mentioned above. If anyone has any other ideas on what i can do to get sound to work on this computer with the audigy i would love to hear it. The SB1394 IEEE1394 Port is properly detected and installed by windows XP

Frankfurt
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

Is XP set to "Digital Audio Output Only"? Unlikely, but best suggestion I can offer
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Have you tried the Audigy in another
      machine to see if it works?..maybe it's no good...

Comment

Pace's suggestion is a good one. The DEFAULT for older driversets is 2 speaker digital.

The DEFAULT for new driversets is 4 speaker digital.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

I've had the same thing happen. The Live! outputs analog and digital at the same time, but the Audigy does not.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I had meant to say, yes i did try the card in another machine...and it worked just fine, after installing the drivers, of course.
            I have run with and without digital Output, and as i thought i said, the only way i was able to even get distorted sounds was using non-digital output and 4 speakers, where the sound would only play from the "rear" speakers.
            Any other suggestions?

Frankfurt
            Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
            WinXP Professional SP1
            3COM 905C

Comment

Sounds like your driver install got borked or you've got an example of extreme via crappiness.
              What I'd do since we know the card works is scrap XP since Creative stuff is very hard to remove. Make sure the card isn't sharing anything if it is move it re-install XP and bang the drivers back on.
              Oh also clear your bios and load up setup defaults.
              If you're still getting crap and this is a long shot try Georges patches that used to be found over at viahardware which is now called sudhian.com.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Audigy drivers have caused me real grief in the past - make sure when you are installing them you have a rock solid system first. Any hint of needing a reboot when the install proggie is not expecting it can really fubar things.
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Well, first off, another thing i neglected to mention in my first post, i did try reinstalling the OS, my XPSP1 version of the CD. It didn't make any difference. The Audigy is on the same IRQ as the ACPI compliant system IRQ. I installed Georges Patches and still no change. I have yet to clear my bios and reset defaults, but thats next on my list.

GNEP: Thanks for the advice, but this system has been stable for ages, and other than the problem im having with the Audigy ive never had any problems with this system.

Frankfurt
                  WinXP Professional SP1
                  3COM 905C

Comment

Working...
                  X