Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parhelia Great all round card or over priced nothing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia Great all round card or over priced nothing ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ SPERM!~~~

Well, I'd like to here a little info on your view on owning the card and what games you have played with it....
    As far as I can see it's a great card but I only saw it run one game and it looked really nice and ran smooth in the shop...

Any details a reader could get hands on from a actual owner of this card.... ?>?> anyone ?

Hmmm ...

Well you know, there are always going to be reasons not to buy something if you look hard enough.

To tell you the truth, I haven't been disappointed with any game I've run with the Parhelia so far except the MOH:AA Expansion Demo ... which is a demo, so it doesn't really count in my opinion.

But seriously, triplehead support aside, I don't own any games that don't run wonderfully on the Parhelia. Even Asheron's Call 2, which is pretty graphics intensive runs just fine with almost all the settings turned on ... in SURROUND MODE too. But, its a beta, so I wonder if that counts.

If you are looking to be able to have the highest benchmark scores on the MadOnion ORB database, then look else where (or wait for Parhelia 2). The Parhelia isn't the fastest, but it is quite capable of running anything out there right now; and the surround gaming mode is an awesome sight to behold.
    Main PC
    Athlon XP 2500+ | GA-7N400-L | 1.0GB PC3200 | Radeon 9800XT & 9000 | SoundBlaster Audigy | TRIPLE 17" NEC 1760Vs!

Home Theater PC
    AthlonXP 2500+ | Chaintech 7NIL1 | 1024MB PC2700 | RADEON 9700 | SoundBlaster Audigy | Coolermaster ATC-610 HTPC Case | 61" Sony TV

Comment

Thank you .......

Thanlk for your reply ...... I would like your view on it's graphic quality and how the FSAA runs on games and the detailed look and smoothness...

Comment

been playing unreal 2003 at 1280 x 1024 with all details maxed aniso and 16xfaa and all i can say is wow, perfectly smooth and no problems thus far highly recomended, tho it would be nice if i could get more than 2x aniso!
        is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
        Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

hi borat,

just curious, what CPU etc do you have?
          what do you get out of benchmark.exe ?
          (plz 1024*768)
          de hülben seck de ü.

Comment

So what your saying is with Aniso the Gforces and Matrox cards basically choke where the Radeons just easily rock ... I know because I have the Radeon9700Pro .... and was curious how the Matrox runs compared to my card.

I can run 1280x1024 32bit tex & colors woth 16x aniso at 2x 4 x 6x FSAA without a glitch!! This card was worth every penny I paid... When i experienced this........................!!~

Personally i have alway's bought Matrox card and was very happy with them in some games I love like TombRaider for it's image quality being so incredable...!! But it's performance in other games left me not being very impressed with Matrox card not being able to handle a decent resolution with smooth gaming and occasional slid shows when action & graphics got heavy .... They have had plenty of time to adjust there cards to be better performers in games without hiting the cutomers .
            If they could build a cheap card that kicks ass like the Kyro II did in it's day and made Hercules a huge phrophet.... Matrox should learn from this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wienerschnitzl
              hi borat,

just curious, what CPU etc do you have?
              what do you get out of benchmark.exe ?
              (plz 1024*768)

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

athlon xp 2200 @ 1813mhz
                191mhz fsb
                512 meg samsung pc2700 @ 191mhz
                asus av333 mobo
                parhelia bulk clocked @ 220/600 (bios hack)
                1024x768 with 16xfaa and aniso on
                flyby 84fps
                botmatch 49 fps

Comment

same set up without faa and without aniso
                  flyby 115fps
                  botmatch 57 fps
                  personally i prefer to use all the bells and whistles.

Comment

for me the card is near perfect, triple head is amazing and surround gaming rocks, visual quality is great and every driver release seems to fix more and speed things up too, i do not require any more 3d speed than this and parhelia 2 is way off, however the card is expensive, not all games support surround the aniso will only do 2x(radeon 8x) but hopefully drivers can fix this, and faa causes problems in some games(have not seen any personally) as you can see if your box is decent the framerates are fine.

Comment

GLADIATOR: Who mentioned Aniso causing Parhelia and GeForce to choke? Are you a troll? (might as well be direct)
                      Meet Jasmine.
                      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

new benchmark thread here

i think what i said may have drawn him to that statement
                        "tho it would be nice if i could get more than 2x aniso!"
                        what i meant was that in the drivers it will not allow more than 2x aniso, its a driver issue not a hardware issue i think and should be playable with higher aniso if they ever get round to sorting it out

Comment

really it depends what u want the card for
                          sorround game and fsaa give a completly new an total amazing gaming experience
                          and for work and internet browsing 3 screen sh*t on top of one
                          but if your a frames per second man then buy a Radeon
                          The underlying fact of the essence of life is if you stand on your head everything becomes upsid edown

Comment

thx Borat .
                            That´s hard. With my XP1600+ 512MB Parhelia Bulk i only got
                            Flyby: 87
                            Botmatch: 36
                            (1024, noFAA, no Aniso)

well, that explains a lot...
                            de hülben seck de ü.

Comment

if you overclock your card you will probably improve upon this(of course your waarranty will officially be voided), i am also using the 1.00.2 drivers not the 1.00.1.83 ie the workstation ones i think they seem to give me better performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X