Cookies going nuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookies going nuts?

For the past week or two MURC has been very odd about cookies. It spontaneously forgets who I am, and is not very good about marking "unread" threads anymore. Greebe said that he has noticed this as well.

The real kicker for me was yesterday, after I relogged in. I read a few threads (saw myself listed as browsing the forum), and replied to a thread. As soon as I submitted the reply (which went through), MURC forgot who I was again.

Any idea at all what's going on?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

The real kicker for me was yesterday, after I relogged in. I read a few threads (saw myself listed as browsing the forum), and replied to a thread. As soon as I submitted the reply (which went through), MURC forgot who I was again.
    actually i'm not allowed to tell you but that was supposed to be a birthday surprise
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Which browser are you using?

MURC does this to me spontainiously with IE6, but I havn't had the problem with Moz yet.

Anyone else with this problem, and if you have noticed any specific sequiences that cause this, please let me know

Dan

edit: It appears IE6 seems to do this on occasion. Will see what can be done
      Last edited by Sasq; 11 November 2002, 16:46.
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Happens randomly at work on win2k and ie5.5.

The most obvious and "new" behaviour that seems to be consistent is that when I reply to a thread, go "back" several levels to the "View New Posts" search - if this is refreshed, then all the ones I have read are showing as ones that I have read, except for the one(s) I have been the most recent poster in - i.e. it is showing me as not having read my own posts (which happens automatically - and yes, I do let the pages load).

Has "forgotten" who I am occasionally for a while (last few months), although this is probably to do with our networked win2k profiles at work not being synched fully every time I log on (to the computer).

Just my 2p

Gnep

Gnep
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I'm using Phoenix 0.4 The forums used to work fine with it, then it all went borked.

It forgets who I am about once or twice a day.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

There is an update that takes care of some of the cookie problems. However that update is beyond my powers atm.

Da man has been messaged and we'll see what he can do
            Dan
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I'm using Phoenix 0.4 as well and find I have cookie problems with a lot of sites I visit.

Comment

Working...
              X