NFS:HP2 - annoying slowdowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFS:HP2 - annoying slowdowns

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, as it is not M-related, but game related....

Ok, here's the problem: I start the game, select a player and start a race. So far, so good. After the race being finished, I select another one and start it, and that one now really sucks, it is slow as hell, like in super slow-motion. But if I just restart a finished race (same track, same car, same settings for cops etc.), the slowdown does not happen. It only seems to occur when the 3D-engine is being reloaded/reinitialized/whatever-you-call-it
    So every time I want to play a different race or change player, I have to entirely quit the game and relaunch it.

By the way, I use a Logitech Wingman Rumblepad USB, if that matters, and the system (see sig) runs WinXP. I tried all possible different settings in the video driver, all possible detail settings in the game, set the sound to mono, nothing seems to cure it.

Any help will be highly appreciated!
    Cartman

/EDIT: typo
    main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Problem solved!!! It was the crappy Logitech WingMan Software, which installs something called "wingman usb filter driver", uninstalled the software, cleaned the registry and deleted the rest of the Logitech drivers manually.

Using the standard microsoft drivers now -> works flawlessly!
    main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

Working...
    X