PDA

View Full Version : Will these things ever stop.

Joel
11th November 2002, 03:25

MANNY INT`L BANK LTD

SANTOS LAYOUT

LAGOS

EMAIL:chrisego2001@truthmail.com

HELLO

I AM CHRIS EGODIMA, A COMPUTER OPERATOR,AT THE BILLS AND EXCHANGE OF FORIEGN CURRENCY DEPARTMENT OF THE MANNYY INT`L BANK LTD. I AM WRITING THIS LETTER TO ASK FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND COOPERATION TO CARRY OUT THIS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY IN MY DEPARTMENT. WE DISCOVERED AN ABANDONED SUM OF US$28.5Million (Twenty Million, five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) IN AN ACCOUNT THAT BELONGS TO ONE OF OUR FOREIGN CUSTOMERS WHO DIED ALONG WITH HIS ENTIRE FAMILY OF A WIFE AND TWO CHILDREN IN NOVEMBER 1997 IN A PLANE CRASH. SINCE WE HARD OF HIS DEATH, WE HAVE BEEN EXPECTING.HIS NEXT-OF-KIN TO COME OVER AND PUT CLAIMS FOR HIS MONEY AS THE HEIR, BECAUSE WE CANNOT RELEASE THE FUND FROM HIS ACCOUNT UNLESS SOMEONE APPLIES FOR CLAIM AS THE NEXT-OF-KIN TO THE DECEASED AS INDICATED IN OUR BANKING GUIDELINES. UNFORTUNATELY, NEITHER THEIR FAMILY MEMBER NOR DISTANT RELATIVE HAS EVER APPEARED TO CLAIM THE SAID FUND. UPON THIS DISCOVERY, I AND OTHER OFFICIALS IN MY DEPARTMENT HAVE AGREED TO GO INTO BUSINESS WITH YOU AND RELEASE

(1) YOUR CURRENT CONTACT PHONE NUMBER(S)

(2) YOUR FAX NUMBER

NOTE: YOU MUST KEEP TRANSACTION STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL BECAUSE OF ITS NATURE. I LOOK FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE.

YOURS,

CHRIS EGO

Got this one in e-mail today.

Joel :mad:

The PIT
11th November 2002, 03:37
Dear Chris please send me your bank account details and I'll be happy to oblige.

Dogbert
11th November 2002, 03:57
I just "love" the ALL-CAPS and spelling errors.

/me hate them !!! :mad:

GNEP
11th November 2002, 04:02
Haha I actually work in the front office of the treasury in a large corporate with operations in nigeria - and occasionally we get actual phone calls along these lines (not just from nigeria though) - and have the procedure pretty slick for closing them down as quickly as possible - compliance officers, local police here and there and the financial regulators do have their uses!

Gnep

thop
11th November 2002, 13:40
28Mio$, pretty weak connection you got Joel :)
Look what i can get :D

Foundmoney.com brings you an incredibly exciting program.There is
$7,000,000,000.00 (SEVEN BILLION DOLLARS!) in unclaimed moneys from
bank accounts, wills, insurance settlements, over paid tax bills and
estates. Three out of five American families are owed money in some
form. Since inception in 1995, Foundmoney.com has helped hundreds of
thousands of people find millions of dollars on the internet.

thop
11th November 2002, 14:06
here is a response someone send, hillarious :)

Dear Ordinary Civil Servants,

Well first off, let me just say that you had me at hello so to speak.
I am a total sucker for those that write in all caps, and then you really sold
me with the fact that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. After all, how
many times do those come along? I'd say maybe only 5 or 6 times a year.
You are incredibly generous to only need twnety one million five hundred thousand
dollars. But, unfortunately I don't have that much money. I do have seventeen
dollars and fifty-six cents. I really want you to have all of that. I hope you
can overlook the fact that I'm several million short of your goal, but the key
is that I try hard and I'm an excellent wind surfer.
My company doesn't have an address as of yet, but we are really trying. If you
would be willing to send me $500, then I can register the company name and also
get a PO BOX for a year. That way I can have an address and then we can get this
ball of wax rolling. In a similar vein, I don't have a bank account. I don't trust
them. Quite frankly, between you and me, there are a lot of scammers out there
that will just try to take your money - and I don't think either of us want
that - we need it so that we can get RICH! Right?
Lastly, I notice that you are a doctor. Can I ask you a question. I know that
this started as a financial discussion, but I have a really painful burning
rash "down there" if you know what I mean. Do you have any experience with
this? Can you recommend anything I can do to make it go away?
Please keep in mind that I only have just over seventeen dollars, and I want
to give all of that to you so that I can be really really rich as soon as
possible. So the cure for my intense burning pain needs to be free. And easy,
I'm kind of lazy - hey, at least I'm honest right?

So anyway, why don't you talk to your people, and I'll... Well, I'll just
talk to myself and maybe do a little rubbing "down there" and I look forward
to anything you can offer me - you know, on the $500 deal. I really hope you
can come through with it - if not, I'm not sure what else to do - I guess I
might have to get a job. Could you give me a job? Not like anything sexual -
just one where you pay me a lot to do very little... And maybe some golf. I
like golf - do you like golf? Maybe someday you and I can play golf together.
We could start out doing miniature golf - your treat, and then maybe once I'm
really really rich with your help, I can pay for my own regular golf fees.

I can't want to hear back from you - please act fast!

Corran Horn
11th November 2002, 14:32
Must be a new round going on...I've gotten 2 in the past couple of days when I hadn't had any for months.

SpiralDragon
12th November 2002, 08:30
yeh that never ends... :( and some actualy do fall for it..

cjolley
12th November 2002, 16:25
WTF?
This was spammed to an alphabetical listing of email addresses @swbell.net

Hello,
If you are a Time Traveler I am going to need the following:

1. A modified mind warping Dimensional Warp Generator # 52 4350a series wrist watch with memory adapter.

2. Reliable carbon based, or silicon based time transducing capacitor.

I need a reliable source!! Please only reply if you are reliable. Send a (SEPARATE) email to me at:Tomnwrr@aol.com

cjoinescjohnson0416VWkVBKAThrPRnZ

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by (irc@yahoo.com) on Tuesday, November 12, 19102 at 12:31:40---------------------------------------------------------------------------

jLiBpaYZOH6350: uMC XURyxIRWyeT

chuck

KRSESQ
12th November 2002, 18:45
""1. A modified mind warping Dimensional Warp Generator # 52 4350a series wrist watch with memory adapter. ""

I found one of these on the floor of the men's room at the bus station in Fargo, ND. I wonder what it would fetch on Ebay?

Kevin

ZokesPro
12th November 2002, 18:49
Originally posted by KRSESQ
""1. A modified mind warping Dimensional Warp Generator # 52 4350a series wrist watch with memory adapter. ""

I found one of these on the floor of the men's room at the bus station in Fargo, ND. I wonder what it would fetch on Ebay?

Kevin

Probably not much, I bet you anything the transmogrifier crystal is cracked, hence the reason you found it on the floor in a public restroom.

KRSESQ
12th November 2002, 18:56
Damn! It's not listed on "Sams Schematics" http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/samschem.htm

Oh, well. It looks good hanging on the wall next to my Betty Boop poster.

Kevin

Marshmallowman
12th November 2002, 20:24
Hello,
If you are a Time Traveler I am going to need the following:

1. A modified mind warping Dimensional Warp Generator # 52 4350a series wrist watch with memory adapter.

2. Reliable carbon based, or silicon based time transducing capacitor.

I need a reliable source!! Please only reply if you are reliable. Send a (SEPARATE) email to me at:Tomnwrr@aol.com

Hahaha...Its just a prank email,

The Warp Generator # 52 4350a was never released due a design fault, where it would cause a negative reality inversion if transmogrfrication inversion was enabled during initial warp phasing...the #52 4350c on the other hand works a treat.:alien:

Greebe
12th November 2002, 20:27
beep

beep

beep

Where the heck is that beeping sound coming from?!

beep

beep

beep

:eek:

ZokesPro
12th November 2002, 21:45
Originally posted by KRSESQ
Damn! It's not listed on "Sams Schematics" http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/samschem.htm

Oh, well. It looks good hanging on the wall next to my Betty Boop poster.

Kevin

But yeah dude, your living in the past, those parts exist except your ancient technology is too primitive. We have "phase inducers" and the transmogrifier, we have the matter transporter and the "cochran propulsion system" and so on... Man you need to read up in your techno junk dude! :D :p :D

Joel
16th November 2002, 16:34
Got another one today from the following e-mail: ma_aba_200ng@yahoo.com

Dear Sir,

I am Mrs. Mariam Abacha, the widow of Sani Abacha the
Late Nigerian Head of State.

You were introduced to me through the Chamber of
Commerce. I am presently in distress and under house
arrest while my son Mohammed is undergoing trial in
Lagos and Abuja.

The government has frozen all the family account and
auctioned all our properties.

To save the family from total bankruptcy I have
managed to ship through an undercover courier company,
the sum of US20, 000,000.00.kept by my late husband.

The money was disguised to beat the Nigerian
Security and it is currently deposited in a security
company. I want you to receive the money and pay into
your
Account for the family safely.

I am offering you 30% for assisting me secure this
money fast before it is located by the Nigerian
Government Agents. Contact me immediately with my
Email Address so that I can forward to you all
necessary details.

Endeavour to send you phone and fax numbers for easy
Communications.

Best regards.

Mrs. Mariam Abacha

This is really starting to get ridiculous.

Gurm
16th November 2002, 18:25
Dear Sir,

Allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Grand Vizier Jafar. I represent the royal family of Agrabah. We have a minor problem with Genie infestation, and need to unload several million gold pieces. Would you be so kind as to send us your bank account information and social security number, as well as your PIN numbers, please?

Oh, and don't tell Aladdin, OR that irritating (yet beautiful) Princess Jasmine.

- Gurm

Dilitante1
16th November 2002, 19:57
WHAT?!....there was no mention of the transfugilator either.....man that is SOOOO lame and stupid......

Joel
18th November 2002, 17:29
Got two more of them today. :mad:

Dear Gilchrist,

For your assistance please. Based on the information gathered from the Ministry of Trade & Industry, we write to solicit your assistance for this ransaction believing that you will not disappoint us.

We have Twenty seven million, five hundred thousand U. S. Dollars (UD$27.5M) available for the signing off from contract awarded to a foreign firm in my ministry for the supply and installation of scan Machines, X-ray machines, E. C. G. machines, Fetus Heart and fasting Blood Sugar Machines for University Teaching Hospitalall over the Federation.

In order to benefit from the project, the sum of
US$27.5m brokerage commission of the total contract value was surcharge by us (The Contract Award Committee) to the foreign firm, which has collected their payment leaving ours in a suspense account at the of Central Bank of Nigeria (C. B. N.).

In the light of this therefore, we are seeking your assistance and permission to remit this amount of money into your A/C or any other A/C you can nominate to us. We will compensate you with 20% for your effort, while the remaining 75% will be used by us to import goods from your country into our country of which we shall need your assistance also in this area. The remaining 5%, will be for expenses.

It is important I mention that the officials involved in this transaction
are top Government functionaries who have put years of services to this Country. For the maintenance of personal integrity and prestige of all persons involved in this transaction, you are implored to exhibit utmost secrecy throughout the duration of this deal. You are strongly advised to avoid discussing this transaction with a third party as that could jeopardize the success of this transaction.

For us to commence with this transaction, we shall require your
full banking information including your bank telephone, fax and telex number. We shall required your direct telephone and fax number for easier communication. Could you please notify us of
your acceptance to carry out this transaction with us by giving us an urgent reply? You may open a separate account in any country for this purpose if you wish.

Meanwhile all arrangement for this transfer for this second quarter of the year 2002 has been properly organized and further action awaits your response to this request. So I oblige you to send the
required information to me immediately.

This will enable us to process for the approval of this payment into your desire bank account. My fax number is 234-9-2720338.

Dear Sir,

It is my humble pleasure to write you this letter irrespective of the fact that you do not know me. However, I got your name through the Internet in my search for a reliable and trustworthy person that can handle such confidential transaction of this nature.

I am a personal assistant to the late President of Nigeria Gen. Sani Abacha who died on the 8th of June 1998 under mysterious circumstances, since his unfortunate untimely death, the family has suffered a lot of harassment from subsequent regimes that succeeded him. The last Military regime and even the new Civilian Government that came up now are made up of Abacha’s enemies. As the legal adviser, the Abacha’s family has mandated me to source for a reliable and trustworthy person for I have been barred as the legal advisor from travelling out of the Country.

Although a lot of money has been recovered from the family since the death of Abacha by the present Government. There are still huge amount of money in foreign currencies amounted to $50,000,000 (fifty million United States dollars only) deposited in a security company in one of the African companies for safe keeping as to avoid a repeat of a recent past incident in London in which $1.6 billion dollars belonging to the Abacha family was frozen by Federal Government of Nigeria.

Therefore, based on the above reasons and to overcome the Federal Government security network, the $50,000,000 is already in one of the African Countries and I suggest if condition is good for you to travel out of your Country. Then I will prepare you as the beneficiary of the total fund because I have the document with me to back you up. Note there is no risk involved in this transaction since I am involved as the legal adviser to the owner of the funds. Remember that this transaction should be kept secret and confidential for security purposes. Based on your assistance, we have decided to reward you with 30% of the total sum for your assistance.

As soon as you indicate your interest to do this business with us, we shall furnish you with every information you may require before travelling. Please contact me immediately via this email and ensure to keep this proposal very secret and confidential for obvious reasons.

Awaiting your urgent response. Thank you and God bless you.

Sincerely yours,

chris monunlu.

Where is the best place to report these too?

Wombat
18th November 2002, 19:08
One of the best things I heard to do with them was something I saw earlier this week. He replied, saying "sure! I'm interested," etc. "Call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX or my fax at YYY-YYY-YYYY." X and Y were the phone/fax numbers of the Secret Service's investigations line.

RedRed
19th November 2002, 04:00
I just got the abacha one too....:mad:

RedRed

RichL
19th November 2002, 04:07
I saw a website somewhere recently filled with emails of people who have replied to the scammers and led them a merry dance. Was quite a fun read :)

cjolley
19th November 2002, 04:09
Originally posted by Gurm
Dear Sir,

Allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Grand Vizier Jafar. I represent the royal family of Agrabah. We have a minor problem with Genie infestation, and need to unload several million gold pieces. Would you be so kind as to send us your bank account information and social security number, as well as your PIN numbers, please?

Oh, and don't tell Aladdin, OR that irritating (yet beautiful) Princess Jasmine.

- Gurm

I hate to admit it, but that is one of my all time favorite movies. :D
chuck

Dogbert
24th November 2002, 00:43
FROM THE DESK OF SHITTU JIMOH [shittu_jimoh@yahoo.com]

ACCOUNT SECTION WEMA BANK INTERNATIONAL BANK,
LAGOS,NIGERIA.

MY COLLEGUES AND I ARE HUMBLY SOLICITING FOR YOUR
ASSISTANCE IN REGARDS TO THE CLEARANCE OF$18,000,000:00
(EIGHTTEN MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLARS) FROM A SECURITY COMPANY

THIS MONEY WAS FORMALLY DEPOSITED IN MY BANK BY MR.
BARRY KELLY WHO LATER DIED AN "INTESTATE" HE LEFT NO
WILL AND NO KNOWN PARENTS AND RELATIVES.

THE CALL BY CUSTOMERS FOR GENERALL AUDITION,WE
ARRANGED FOR THE MOVEMENT OF THE MONEY BY SPECIAL
DIPLOMATIC COURIER SERVICE TO A SECURITY COMPANY
WHERE WE AGREED THAT THE BENEFICIARY NEXT OF
KIN WOULD COME FOR THE CLEARANCE WITHIN SPECFIED
PERIOD.

IN VIEW OF THIS, WE WOULD LIKE TO PRESENT YOU, TO THE
COMPANY AS THE BENEFICIARY''S NEXT OF KIN OF THE
LATE MR. BARRY KELLY. AS THIS MONEY CAN ONLY BE CLAIMED
BY A FOREIGNER. ALL DOCUMENTS TO FACILITATE
THE CLEARING PROCEDURES WILL BE IN YOUR FAVOUR.
AND THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS WOULD BE SENT TO YOU
TO FACILITATE THE EASY CLEARANCE OF THE FUNDS.

ALL HANDS ARE ON DECK AND THE PROJECTS TAKES SEVEN
WORKING DAYS.
TO REWARD YOUR EFFORT THERE AFTER, WE HAVE AGREED THAT:

10% WILL GO FOR EXPENSES INCURRED DURING THE PROCESS OF TRANSACTION.(BOTH PARTIES)

20% WILL GO FOR YOU, WHILE THE REMAINING.

70% WILL GO FOR OTHER PARTICIPATING TEAM.

IN ORDER TO KNOW YOU BETTER, WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO FILL
THE BELOW FORM AND SEND IT TO ME BY E-MAIL.
BE SURE YOUR INFORMATION WOULD NOT BE
DIVULGED TO A THIRD PARTY.
IF FOR ANY REASON YOU DECIDED NOT TO ACCEPT THIS
MUTUALLY BENEFITTING PROPOSAL I AM OFFERING YOU TODAY,
MAY YOU CONFIRM THAT I MAY SEARCH FOR SOMEONE ELSE? BELIEVE ME,
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT, I WOULD BE SIMPLY DISAPPOINTED BUT WOULD
RESPECT YOUR DECISION.

BEST REGARDS.

FILL AND SEND BACK

NAME:

HOME ADDRESS:

OFFICE ADDRESS:

PRIVATE TELEPHONE:

PRIVATE FAX:

Dogbert
3rd December 2002, 02:53
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL .

Greetings to you this day .

I write to you because I think you may like to work with me .I believe you might be interested in expanding
your life endeavours and get involved with a high responsibility of fund management, big time investment and
control .I therefore invite you to a productive collaboration that will benefit you and I .

My name is ISA ABRAHAM DA SILVA,I am an orphan from ANGOLA and I am 27years old . I do not wish to narrate to you what happened in my country for the past few years . The international media has already done that but I can only tell you that in that mayhem that engulfed that country I lost both my parents and two sisters .

My father, ANTONIO PINTO DA SILVA was the financial adviser to the late Jonas Savinbi (UNITA) .He also occupied
another post of high responsibility of being in charge of revenues collected by the rebels from the sell of Gold and Diamonds to various international companies . In October 2001, he sent me to Lome, TOGO to collect an envelope from a friend of his .I was in Lome for three days and that journey marked the beginning of my adventures .In my absence our house was attacked and my parents and two sisters were killed .My father had earlier disagreed with Jonas Savinbi over the affairs of some big diamond dealers who pays big cash for this products .

In January 2002, While visiting home I came across the envelope which I brought back from Togo some
months earlier . When I opened the envelope I saw certificates of deposits and some other documents
bearing my fathers name and my name .Secretly my father had deposited US$17.6m ( Seventeen million
six hundred thousand dollars ) in boxes with a finance and trust house in Lome ,TOGO making me the
beneficiary . It seems he diverted some of the funds in his care and had it hidden as treasures in this
finance house .I believe this is why our house was attacked by Savinbi's killers.

I an now back in TOGO and have spoken with my fathers friend who told me he escorted him to make the
deposits in that company . In fact as the beneficiary I have visited and confirmed the existence of this boxes .My father left instruction that these treasures has to be released to me or to my foreign partner : somebody
who I can arrange to help me invest and manage the funds .

This is my motive in contacting you .Please do think over this and tell me your mind truthfully and
honestly what you think of my proposal . I am ready to give you 20% of this fund and the rest will be for my
investment in your company or any company that you can set up .We can discuss partnership since you will
be doing the investment and management of the funds until I come over to your country .

Please e-mail me even if you can not work with me .

I speak English and Portuguese .

Best Regards .

ISA ABRAHAM DA SILVA .