The end of contraversal posting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of contraversal posting??

Damn thing always adds a fullstop after copying doh.
    Last edited by The PIT; 11 November 2002, 04:32.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

A fixed link (period @ end removed):

This is a must read. ROTFLMAO

"Euro thought police criminalize impure speech on line

................This will make the world a better place because criminalizing certain forms of speech is scientifically proven to eliminate the underlying sentiment............"

And that's only the tip of the iceberg.
    Last edited by SitFlyer; 11 November 2002, 04:33.

Comment

The last thing I read was that EU was going to ban liquorice pipes because they might encourage smoking later in life. And AFAIK that was a true story, not a joke.

Comment

Can't we give these people something important to do. They've oblivously got too much spare time on their hands.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Me thinks it's the global invasion of the "Goody 2 Shoes"
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I don't recognise those pics from the so called 'Freedom Corner'. Perhaps RedRed could help?
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

""The last thing I read was that EU was going to ban liquorice pipes because they might encourage smoking later in life. And AFAIK that was a true story, not a joke.""

They banned candy cigarettes here in the states a long time ago for the same reason. I used to love sucking on the things (though I had to buy 'em behind my mom's back) but I never took up the real thing. I know plenty of old friends who did, though (but their parents smoked and I'd call that a stronger causal relationship).

Kevin

Comment

This will make the world a better place because criminalizing certain forms of speech is scientifically proven to eliminate the underlying sentiment
                Christ, he just paraphrased 1984 and <B>meant it.</B> "Uniformity of language leads to uniformity of thought," and the like. &lt<!>sigh<!>&gt Doubleplusungood.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

If this kind of nonsense continues I'd give the EU less than 5 years before there are people in the streets.....

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                    If this kind of nonsense continues I'd give the EU less than 5 years before there are people in the streets.....

Dr. Mordrid
                    No we've had years of it and our beloved leaders want stronger ties still. The EU will fail but it will take a long time.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT

No we've had years of it and our beloved leaders want stronger ties still. The EU will fail but it will take a long time.
                      Not in mainland Europe, it will keep enlarging.

Comment

Your leaders just have to learn how to spin things. You see, over here in the states, when they want to take away our rights, they give legislation fancy-shmancy names like PATRIOT Act. Now, who wants to be an anti-PATRIOT? It also helps if you make it illegal to tell people what the government is up to - under the PATRIOT act, the government has strong censorship abilities, and it's <B>jail time</B> if you tell anyone that they're doing it. Makes me want to puke.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

It won't becuase people always feel they have there own national identity. As soon as they feel they're loosing out they'll start to grumble.
                          Going back to the orginal rubbish how the hell are they going to enforce it. You gonna have to check what is pc correct that day before you post.
                          Last edited by The PIT; 11 November 2002, 11:13.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Now who was the "ahem" poster who was trumpeting the CoE here not too far back, as though everything they espoused was the "correct" way to think? This shit will have a backlash like you will not believe.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                              Now who was the "ahem" poster who was trumpeting the CoE here not too far back, as though everything they espoused was the "correct" way to think? This shit will have a backlash like you will not believe.
                              More likely they'll give the idea up as they won't be able to enforce it. Not becuase it's totally stupid. Anyway the EU comes up with tons of rubbish thats eventually gets lost.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X