Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use Matrox G550 TV-out cable with G200 SD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use Matrox G550 TV-out cable with G200 SD?

Hello friends, a newbie on this forum myself.

I've got a Matrox Millennium II G200 SD PCI card. I'm in dire need of TV output feature, but the specific MGA-TVO upgrade for this model seems to be no longer obtainable (see my other thread).

Question is whether I can use the TV-out cable intended for the G450-550 cards.

Also, my G200 has two connectors, one is the standard mini D-SUB (15 pins in three rows, marked monitor), the other is a longer D-SUB (15 pins in two rows, marked VIDEO). What is the purpose of the second connector? Any chance I can use this for TV-out connection.

Thank you in advance.

1) No, that cable won't work.
    2) I don't remember it's exactly.
    3) No

Comment

What you have is NOT a G200 - it's a millennium II.

If you can find the right cables, plus a Rainbow Runner video capture board to plug into the side of it, then you can use the 15 pin (joystick/midi like connector) for TV out.

Comment

There was a Millennium G200 SD PCI

Comment

Yes, but if the card has the second output, it is not a G200. The card descibed is either a Millennium, or a MillII.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks for your replies lads.

Card is tagged 703-00 REV A and identified by Win98 as "Matrox Millennium II". A brief search on the net seemed to show that the card with the dual output is a G200 SD. I might be wrong somewhere, just don't know where.

Anyway, I take it that an external modulator is my only chance then...
            Thanks again

Comment

That is not a G200.
              It is a MillenniumII.
              Very different cards, and the parts are not interchangable.
              For MillenniumII, you could get the Rainbow Runner Studio, but that may not do what you're looking for.
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The only way to be able to output to TV with your Millennium II is indeed to purchase the Rainbow Runner Studio board. It will include the necessary cable for TV output. Check on pricewatch.com or shopmatrox.com to find the RR Studio for Mill. II.
                OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

Working...
                X