Fireburner, etc can't see my CDRW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireburner, etc can't see my CDRW

Fireburner and CloneCD cannot see my CDRW. Nor can any other burning program I have except for Nero Burning Rom 5.something.

I'm running WinXP on an Athlon 1600xp, on WinXP.
    I've installed 4 in 1 drivers and the 4.7 version of WinASPI.

Help!

suggest you get ForceAspi, dump your present aspi layer & install the 4.61 version which comes with ForceAspi.
    the newer aspi version doesn't seem to agree with every bit of software out there!
    you can get ForceAspi from http://www.cyrus.troy.btinternet.co.uk/downloads.htm

Comment

How should I go about removing my current ASPI drivers? Just delete them???

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
        How should I go about removing my current ASPI drivers? Just delete them???
        d/load forceaspi & unzip it.
        the included instructions tell you what to do to dump your present aspi layer & install the 4.61 version!

Comment

Yeah, I saw that...AFTER I manually deleted the files. I just shelled out to DOS and did a "del/s filename.xxx" and it took care of it for me.

Now it works fine. You get my "hero of the day" award. :-)

Comment

You get my "hero of the day" award. :-)
            LOL

Comment

Stockport eh, is that like south of Manchester?
              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
                Stockport eh, is that like south of Manchester?
                more like bordering south manchester!

Comment

Working...
                X