New Sound Card - FINALLY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sound Card - FINALLY!!!

Indeed, there is finally a true 5.1 sound card rather than the Audigy. I was going to get a Terratec DMX card, but this one has everything I need and is supposed to be a good deal cheaper than the Terratec. This is exactly what the Audigy should have always been. Now my only question is....when will it be released? Hopefully soon as I have been reading at avsforum they will announce it at Comdex. This would be perfect for my new system.
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

what about the nfarce ][ chipset?
    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Wow, this card looks nice. If the the drivers for it are as good as on my Audiophile 2496, then it'll be a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRed
        what about the nfarce ][ chipset?
        Other than the integrated AC3 encoder, there is nothing particularly unique about the NForce APU.

The MAudio card is non-AC97, giving you true 24/192 dacs for channels. It does not resampe all audio through 48khz as does the Audigy1/2.

The first card from Creative to be able to bost being AC97-free shall be the Audigy2 EX.

The thing that is not sure is the state of ASIO drivers for the MAudio Revolution....but apparantly it should have ASIO2, GSIF...etc drivers...
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Found out the ETA for the card is Mid to Late December.

Comment

Hmmm....my system may be without a sound card for a good month then...
            System Specs:
            Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Comment

You won't find a mobo without inbuilt sound so I think you can survive with that untill release...
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Sonica Theater

I'm curious about the Sonica Theater more than anything else. My #1 used sound card has turned into my Sound Blaster Extigy, since I listen to more music at work than home these days...well, that and at home I have the big rig to listen to music, too. Too bad the product page isn't up yet for the Sonica Theater.

The Revolution does look like a pretty sweet card. It depends on the price of the Revolution as to whether it becomes an option. The Audigy 2 a true 24-bit/96 Khz processor in it, too, and is compatible with my LiveDrive so an upgrade would be easy.

Guess I'll have to wait for the reviews and prices to come in.

Jammrock
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

The main retailers for the card will be... Best Buy & CompUSA!!! Looks like Creative is gonna be hurting.

Comment

Re: Sonica Theater

Originally posted by Jammrock

The Revolution does look like a pretty sweet card. It depends on the price of the Revolution as to whether it becomes an option. The Audigy 2 a true 24-bit/96 Khz processor in it, too, and is compatible with my LiveDrive so an upgrade would be easy.

Guess I'll have to wait for the reviews and prices to come in.

Jammrock
                    Audigy2 will playback 24/96 material natively, but all other audio (16/44.1) will be resampled to (16/48). Your livedrive is incompatible with the Audigy2, seeing as they changed the way the connector is keyed...

Comment

This card will have a MSRP of $129 and be available through internet vendors for less than $100!

Comment

Hey Iso, where did you find that the sound card would be released so late? I can find all the other info you are posting at AVS Forums, but nothing on the release date.
                        System Specs:

Comment

Release date is right from the mouth of an M-Audio Sales Rep.

Comment

At that price, I can expect to be getting it, assuming the drivers and hardware are upto par....

Wanna move to an AC97-free platform with ASIO2 support and DVD-A support. That way I'll have support for both SACD and DVD-A covered in my setup....

Comment

Working...
                            X